UFC on FOX 21: Anthony Pettis vs Charles Oliveira PBP (Discussion)

shonuf

Titanium Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Anthony_Pettis_vs_Charles_Oliveira.jpg

Pettis is a good dude. Been a fan since he beat Shane Roller back in WEC. I know he's had a tough run lately. While I'd point out that losing to a beast like RDA, a legend like Alvarez, and a top-tier guy like Barboza is no shame, the fact remains that it is problematic to lose three in a row and very dispiriting for a former champ.

Featherweight should be a good place for him. Barboza just looked far physically stronger than Showtime.

Oliveira is definitely a scary first fight in my opinion though. Pettis has, at times, looked hesitant to pull the trigger. Oliveira doesn't have that problem. He's a do or die type- either he's pushing the pace, attacking, doing damage and pressing for the sub or he's getting hurt. Pettis' striking is still very dangerous and Oliveira's has vulnerability to getting tagged and rocked.

I think as long as Pettis doesn't hold back and let Oliveira dictate the pace and land with more volume, he will be able to win the fight. Charles is a great grappler, but Pettis is no slouch with the takedown defense. He stifled many of Eddie's shots or worked his way right back up when taken down and Alvarez is a more skilled wrestler than Do Bronx for sure.

Pettis better pull this off.

Cheering for Do Bronx. Hope he makes weight. If he doesn't he's got to leave the division.

Just saw Pettis on UFC Tonight. He's super drawn out in the face from the cut already. I doubt it's too rough on him but it definitely shows on his body type.

Can Pettis land on that Do Bronx chin w/out getting beaten like a gov't mule is the question.

This message brought to you by WHEATIES: the Breakfast of Champions - official sponsor of the summer of Rustlemania.

Cheering for Do Bronx. Hope he makes weight. If he doesn't he's got to leave the division.

Just saw Pettis on UFC Tonight. He's super drawn out in the face from the cut already. I doubt it's too rough on him but it definitely shows on his body type.

One thing I'll always respect about Anthony is that he's a tough fucking dude. A lot of people would have broken after that beating RDA was putting on him and the relentless pressure, but I remember Pettis coming out at the start of the third or fourth round and throwing body kicks with bad intentions before getting taken down again.

And hell, to the absolute credit of RDA, he was pushing for that finish even deep in the fight- remember him going for a kimura or an armbar in the fourth round perhaps and Pettis still gutted through.

Can't see Pettis losing 4 in a row. But hell I said I couldn't see Pettis losing 3 in a row.

Come on Pettis have 1.2 milly vcash on you

This fight is really a good bodykick away from a TKO by Pettis, but he has been so gun shy in his last two

Still war low T-cell count Pettis.

hope we get a bit of fighting. Not trying to see any 30 second fight. Should be good. Bronx is tough but he has to move. Can't brainfart and stand in front of Pettis.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back