Odd makers say McGregor would be a betting favorite over Alvarez, Aldo and Diaz

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score
"No matter who McGregor faces out of that trio of potential opponents, the odds makers at Bovada.lv have him as the favorite in all three fights.

In a potential fight for the 155-pound title on the line, McGregor would sit at a -185 favorite over Alvarez as the underdog at +150.

McGregor would enjoy those same exact odds for a rematch with Aldo, who he knocked out last December in a stunning performance as he finished the Brazilian in just 13-seconds.

As far as a third fight with Diaz, McGregor would actually be an even bigger favorite at -190 with the comeback on his opponent from Stockton, Calif. at +155. McGregor actually closed as a -160 favorite in his rematch with Diaz last Saturday night but the win apparently puts him at even greater odds to handle a third fight if and when it ever comes together.

http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/...-eddie-alvarez-jose-aldo-and-nate-diaz-082416

I need to place a bet on Eddie and make some money

I'd take McGregor at all of those prices, especially Aldo.

I'm not just being biased. There are fights I wouldn't favor Conor in. These aren't them though

Him being a favorite over the LW champ after going 1-1 with a fringe top 10 LW who got mauled in 3 of his previous fights is hilarious. Even the win he got was a super close decision win.

All that means is that they anticipate more people betting on Conor.

Don't hate the odds makers just because they have slipped and bumped their head on a rock. With Nate and Eddie anyway, they jump bandwagons as fast as a clinger will

The odds are pretty good, Eddie's should be longer, he's the easiest fight.

LOSS Conor McGregor WW
WIN Conor McGregor WW
WIN Michael Johnson LW
LOSS Rafael dos Anjos LW
WIN Gray Maynard LW
LOSS Josh Thomson LW
LOSS Benson Henderson LW
WIN Jim Miller LW
WIN Donald Cerrone LW
WIN Takanori Gomi LW
LOSS Rory MacDonald WW
LOSS Dong Hyun Kim WW
WW record over the last 5 years 1 win 3 losses
LW record over last 5 years 5 wins 3 losses
His LW record puts him in the bottom half of the top 10
Losing to Henderson in a title fight then RDA a future champion but also Thomspon a fringe top 10 himself. His win over Michael Johnson was good but he is a lower half top 10 himself.
Nate's #4 ranking by the UFC is a little bogus and reeks of them "Selling Wolf Tickets". TBH
Sherdog's LW rankings have Nate outside the top 10

Back