Just Finished Rewatching Rd 3 of Mcgregor - Diaz

superpunch

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm sober this time - so I know what's going on. Every time Nate gets the clinch, he's pushing McGregor against the fence and teeing off on him, close to finishing him.

Rounds over and McGregors coach tells McGregor that he's dominating the clinch. I was thinking he was doing it just to get McGregors spirit elevated (stupid, but a lot of coaches do this). Then, he actually told McGregor to look to set up the clinch... is this guy on crack?

That comment stuck in my head too. I was like WTF?

I think it was shortly after that when Kavanaugh was yelling at McG, "Stick to the plan!", and Diaz flipped Kavanuagh off and said, "Fuck your plan."

448532e8-bc3c-4dd1-94dc-5183ef7b2292
448532e8-bc3c-4dd1-94dc-5183ef7b2292
natediaz3.jpg

lmao

Last edited:
Lol Conor is gunna fire him once he takes the #L in his next fight

Yes Kavanagh was dead wrong on that but that statement was made at a low point for McGregor during the fight he was exhausted and getting teed off on, it makes sense for Kavanagh to give him some positive reinforcement to boost his energy, instead of bringing him down even further. Seems like it worked as he seemed to have recovered quite a bit in the 4th.

I just finished watching Tank Abbott vs Frank Mir.

Kavanagh isnt quite Edmond tier but holy fuck that was some atrocious advice

Apparently he was also giving Gunnar horrible advice when he fought Maia too. Hes a goof.

I'm sober this time - so I know what's going on. Every time Nate gets the clinch, he's pushing McGregor against the fence and teeing off on him, close to finishing him.

Rounds over and McGregors coach tells McGregor that he's dominating the clinch. I was thinking he was doing it just to get McGregors spirit elevated (stupid, but a lot of coaches do this). Then, he actually told McGregor to look to set up the clinch... is this guy on crack?
diaz corner was tellin him to jab and 1-2. and conors corner was telling him to clinch.

Bizaro world

I think I should watch it sober too.. People have been calling it one of the greatest fights/performances of all time and I do not remember it that way at all...

Ppl never heard of coach code before? Smh. Similar to how Greg Jackson always says some BS like "beautiful champ you're doing great, keep doing what you're doing" after a tough round.

Yes noticed that during the fight and thought why isn't he saying kick his lead leg and avoid the clinch!?!?

saying your sober this time proves you high as fuck

I think I should watch it sober too.. People have been calling it one of the greatest fights/performances of all time and I do not remember it that way at all...
Yeah it was a good fight, but not even close to FOTY

Ppl never heard of coach code before? Smh. Similar to how Greg Jackson always says some BS like "beautiful champ you're doing great, keep doing what you're doing" after a tough round.

Kavanagh's advice was very specific. The man's an idiot.

Did Diaz's corner yell "Butt Scoot! Butt Scoot!"

I don't remember.

Back