What if Rory and Cowboy went to Bellator?

MMAViewer

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
We've heard the rumors and 350k is a big raise for these two.

Questions:

1.) Would these moves to Bellator affect fighter pay considering 2 top 10 WW fighters are making more than any other WW not named Diaz in the ufc?

2.) Would you question the ufc WW division as being the best without Rory, Cowboy, Koreshkov, Askren, and with Diaz and GSP not competing in the ufc?

Would because all of those fighters would lose to Thompson with GSP having the best chance.

So he was in the fight of the year last year and the ufc gives zero fucks!!!!! ???
Wtf????

Then Bellator would have the makings of a nice WW division.

I'd watch more Bellator, I'll tell you that.

Urijah Faber Facebook page but the website is etimports.com also lowkickmma.com posted he has been removed from UFC rankings
This is disappointing.
Can't even see him fight funky. What now Paul harris?? Benson? Korschekov?

Rory Mac is a good signing for Bellator, and Cowboy would be a much better one. However this doesn't even come close to swinging the power to Bellator's 170. It makes them legit in one weight class, but UFC would still have more talent (you make it seem like GSP and Diaz are going to Bellator and not coming back to UFC, neither is true) and it's still just one weight class.

Strikeforce at one point had an arguably better HWT division, it didn't make it any competition.

This is disappointing.
Can't even see him fight funky. What now Paul harris?? Benson? Korschekov?
all I can speculate is he was not able to win the belt or his last contender fight so the UFC figured he would be hard to sell moving forward so offered him a shitty contract and he put 2 middle fingers to the UFC

We've heard the rumors and 350k is a big raise for these two.

Questions:

1.) Would these moves to Bellator affect fighter pay considering 2 top 10 WW fighters are making more than any other WW not named Diaz in the ufc?

2.) Would you question the ufc WW division as being the best without Rory, Cowboy, Koreshkov, Askren, and with Diaz and GSP not competing in the ufc?

The 350k for cowboy is bullshit.Bellator cant legally offer him anything and if the ufc found out they would sue them

Rory Mac is a good signing for Bellator, and Cowboy would be a much better one. However this doesn't even come close to swinging the power to Bellator's 170. It makes them legit in one weight class, but UFC would still have more talent (you make it seem like GSP and Diaz are going to Bellator and not coming back to UFC, neither is true) and it's still just one weight class.

Strikeforce at one point had an arguably better HWT division, it didn't make it any competition.

If strikeforce hadnt sold they would be neck and neck with the ufc now.I dont think they realise what they had in Ronda

all I can speculate is he was not able to win the belt or his last contender fight so the UFC figured he would be hard to sell moving forward so offered him a shitty contract and he put 2 middle fingers to the UFC
I had speculated previously that GSP engaging in in talks about the UFC WW belt was a sign that Rory was likely close to signing with Bellator.

I think Rory looked at getting paid well to fight an easier road in Bellator vs underwhelming pay to stay in the UFC and keep fighting a murderers row. Smarter move to get paid and let the rest of it work out. I think the biggest mistake on the UFC's part is that now more than ever the fighters will realize that being a hard worker and leaving it all in the Octagon doesn't mean they will take care of you. Rory was nothing but a company man and the UFC held back when it was time to step up and reward him.

I had speculated previously that GSP engaging in in talks about the UFC WW belt was a sign that Rory was likely close to signing with Bellator.

I think Rory looked at getting paid well to fight an easier road in Bellator vs underwhelming pay to stay in the UFC and keep fighting a murderers row. Smarter move to get paid and let the rest of it work out. I think the biggest mistake on the UFC's part is that now more than ever the fighters will realize that being a hard worker and leaving it all in the Octagon doesn't mean they will take care of you. Rory was nothing but a company man and the UFC held back when it was time to step up and reward him.
Nobody knows Just yet how the negotiations fell through but I always liked Rory but I do know he was juggling a modeling career to or so I heard and to win that strap takes 100% commitment. As long as he is happy I could careless I watch Bellator as well

Rory will never win the UFC belt, and it looks like he's going to get paid more at Bellator. Easy career decision.

If strikeforce hadnt sold they would be neck and neck with the ufc now.I dont think they realise what they had in Ronda

But would Ronda be what Ronda is without the shine of the UFC? I'm skeptical

Back