What Conor achieved was unbelievable

cigano

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Fighting a man 20 lbs heavier and with a significant reach advantage. He not only hung in there but was the aggressor for much of the fight and landed a lot of damage. That take down defence against the cage - just wow.

The nonsense that "oh he kept running, he should have KO'd him etc etc". Such nonsense!

Imagine Nate achieving anything even remotely close to this at Light heavyweight. Every other champion is hiding in their weight class, never taking a chance, never going up. Mighty mouse, GSP, Jon Jones, Aldo - they were all the same.

screen_shot_2016_08_21_at_05_43_29-png.133605

beating Nate Diaz is far from unbelievable and your comparison to Nate fighting people at LHW is all kinds of wrong.

A bunch of guys smaller than Conor who fight 145 have beaten Nate. Joe Daddy is probably a natural 135 ffs, he's only like 5.6'. So yeah good for Conor getting the win back and it was a great fight, but pretending like Nate is some unstoppable monster with a big size advantage is laughable to say the least.

Its not really like he faced a full blown WW. Props to him but I doubt he will be sniffing round that division post this last fight

beating Nate Diaz is far from unbelievable and your comparison to Nate fighting people at LHW is all kinds of wrong.

So you could see Holloway beating Nate at 170lbs?

Stop downplaying the significance and acting like Nate isn't a dangerous matchup. ESPECIALLY for Conor. Nate is a big LW that could and has fought at 170, with a long ass reach, iron chin, and great submission game.

Unless his body changes and he can make 145 on a fight by fight basis, he will lose again, and then again<

Stupid thread but I'll give props to Conor for getting his cardio and heart into it.
They put on a great fight and I can't believe Dana says no third, or that I want to see it.

1. Not 20 pounds heavier.
2. Sakuraba vs. Vitor/Randleman/Rampage/Conan still much more impressive.

So you could see Holloway beating Nate at 170lbs?

Stop downplaying the significance and acting like Nate isn't a dangerous matchup. ESPECIALLY for Conor. Nate is a big LW that could and has fought at 170, with a long ass reach, iron chin, and great submission game.
I'm not downplaying the significance, you're overplaying it. there's nothing unbelievable about what Conor did. it wasn't Nate's first loss nor the first time he had a height and reach advantage over his opponent. other FWs have nothing to do with it.

How incredible. Got a majority decision over a lightweight at 170. Let's not make this into something it's not.

it's a great accomplishment but it isn't unbelievable. if he finished nate and didn't have too many running man moments it would be unbelievable. but as it stands, it is nothing like when couture beat sylvia (at the time)

Nate probably had as much of a size advantage as Conor has against a good portion of FW fighters.

Back