Nates gonna have a long wait...

dmc

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
...Before the trilogy fight. This trilogy can take place yrs down the road, if need be. McGregor will have at least 2 fights, if not 3, before he even thinks about Diaz. Conor is 28 and Diaz is 32, but at same time, Conor haters would say he waited for 3rd fight so Diaz would age some, or some horse sh*t...No one even talked about Nate, till Conor gave him a bone at 170. Then the Diaz fad/trend began. Now it is over...

Conor does not need Nate to sell fights or make money. Nate needs Conor though. Nate needs to fight a top 10 fighter at 170, or drop back to 155 and fight a top fighter. Nate cannot sell a PPV on his own. Where as Conor can basically fight anyone, and sell big or huge numbers...

Conors next fight will most likely be at 155. He was already planned to take the 155 title anyways, prior to his jump to 170...After Conor wins the 155 belt, he will most likely do one huge fight vs Aldo at 145...After he beats Aldo, he can then vacate 145...But at same time, he may get that 145 lb fight out of the way first, then focus on 155 and stay there for quite some time...

As far as Nate goes, who really cares. Nate doesnt stand a chance at 155 vs Conor. Nate said he wont fight unless it is Conor. I guess he is scared to lose a fight, while waiting for the trilogy.

After Conor takes the 155 belt, I dont see Nate getting a shot without beating someone in the top 10, or 5, at 155 lb first. Make Nate fight a top 5 fighter and win first...Nate is 3-4 in his last 7 fights, he acts like he is 6-1 though. Who can Nate fight besides Conor that would be a good payday for him? I would say maybe let Cerrone fight him at 155 or 170. Thats about it for Nate, as far as a spotlight fight goes. If he doesnt want to fight any other top fighters at 155, then let him sit, and forget about him then...Nate is not the only UFC fighter who has fought in the UFC for 9 yrs. Yet he acts like he is owed and is above all these other top tier fighters...

He might fight before I get done reading all this ts.

He can't make 145 anyime soon with a broken foot it will be a year before he can cardio down to 145.
I bet his next fight is at 155

Nate's been living on the 30/30 paydays, i think he can stretch that $13M out til Conor's ready.

There wont be a trilogy fight.

McGregor has already skewed many people's opinion of the split decision fight, by coming out with his usual drivel. Give it a few more months and it'll be referred to as the fight "Conor absolutely destroyed Nate" in.

That's good enough for him.

Nate stupid for not capitalizing off of his new found fame, easily one of the most popular fighters in MMA (top 10 at least, maybe top 5) he shouldn't just let that fade.
Nate needs Conor though.
Not anymore, he's not the draw Conor is but he is a draw now, I bet he'd pull more buys if he headlined a PPV than most current champions would.

McGregor has already skewed many people's opinion of the split decision fight, by coming out with his usual drivel. Give it a few more months and it'll be referred to as the fight "Conor absolutely destroyed Nate" in.

If you read half the posts around here, it's ALREADY reached that level.

McG's gonad garglers are acting like a one-point, majority decision was some lop-sided affair. haha

I wouldn't be surprised motherfuckers if he never fights again.

he should cherry pick for one fight in the meantime

I dont think Connie will ever fight at 145 again. If Aldo wants the fight he's gonna have to jump classes.

Nate stupid for not capitalizing off of his new found fame, easily one of the most popular fighters in MMA (top 10 at least, maybe top 5) he shouldn't just let that fade.

Not anymore, he's not the draw Conor is but he is a draw now, I bet he'd pull more buys if he headlined a PPV than most current champions would.
I think a card with both Nate and Nick would smash.

I think a card with both Nate and Nick would smash.
I would love to see that so we can see how big of a draw they realy are
I dont think it will make more than 600k ppv but i hope i am wrong and they do over a million

You don't have to wait a few more months they are already saying that. On youtube I made a comment months back about how McGregor fought Diaz wrong the first fight. Some dude within hours after their second fight ended responded calling me a moron and saying "Conor destroyed Nate" - exact words.

Doesn't matter. Dude just got the millions of dollars he's been waiting his entire career for. If the UFC wants the money that fight will produce, they'll find a way to make it happen. If I'm him, I'd sit-out and do the exact same thing.

If Nate doesnt fight anyone else then Conor shouldnt give him a 3rd fight. Thats BS...waiting around for Conor.

"Then the Diaz fad/trend began. Now it is over.. Nate cannot sell a PPV on his own..

He's now one of the top 5 draws in the UFC (not counting those who may never fight again, Rousey, Brock). While he will not approach PPV numbers of Conor fights, he's definitely ahead of other PPV headliners/champs like Aldo, Johnson, Woodley, Stipe, Nunes. Only PPV draws ahead of him would be Jones, maybe Cormier and Bisping. That's it.

Of course in the UFC PPV hiearchy, it's Conor then everyone else. When you talk about everyone else, Nate Diaz is right up there for now.

Nate should be given all of Conor's money if the judges are not investigated.

Nate should retire unless he gets a rematch, he has been beaten down too many times and he will be getting 200k to fight a really good fighter that will kick his leg and end all hope of another lottery ticket. Before Conner who was begging to watch a Diaz fight a main event?

I don't care if it ever happens. If it does, it won't be soon.

Nate should pay Conor for making him rich tbh...

Back