If Conor beats Alvarez

Homervanderjaz

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
and wins the title how long can he avoid people like Khabib? Khabib IMO would wrestlefuc him to victory.. Would be be able to pick and choose who he defends against given his star power?

Are you seriously asking that question?

How long since he's defended his 145lb belt?

lol

and wins the title how long can he avoid people like Khabib? Khabib IMO would wrestlefuc him to victory.. Would be be able to pick and choose who he defends against given his star power?
When Khabib beats more than one top 15 guy instead of cans then we may talk.

Are you suggesting that Conor would beat Khabib?

On paper it's a bad match up for him, but the guy you quoted has a very valid point that NO ONE every brings up on this site: Khabib has fought only 1 currently ranked top 20 LW.

If Conor beats Eddie he will already have more top 20 wins at LW than Khabib.

They'd do the trilogy of Conor vs Nate if Conor wins. Meanwhile give Khabib his worst match up LW probably Alvarez or Brooks. Hope he loses, if not maybe have Aldo come up to 155 for a title unification and have Khabib fight the other one of those guys. Then if he wins that just have Conor take some fights at 170 while holding the belt like hes doing now. Nick Diaz or GSP or something.

Eventually just assassinate Khabib

On paper it's a bad match up for him, but the guy you quoted has a very valid point that NO ONE every brings up on this site: Khabib has fought only 1 currently ranked top 20 LW.

If Conor beats Eddie he will already have more top 20 wins at LW than Khabib.

Tibau was definitely top 20, maybe even top 15.

Also RDA isn't just some win, he's one of the best LW's in history.

I think conor isent gonna go lightweight for awhile. tomany big fights in his weight class to. and when he does I think khabib will be champion anyways

Are you suggesting that Conor would beat Khabib?
Thats exactly what Im saying, Who has Khabib actually beaten in the current top 15 exactly, RDA and thats it, Look what Alvere did to him, that guy is the biggest con artist in the lightweight division not to mention hes only had one fight in two and a half years. That padded record of his has you all hoodwinked, take a closer look and dont believe the hype, his record is not that good when you actually scrutinize it and remove all his can wins.

he should fight doo ho choi and get exposed.

Lol talk about getting ahead of yourself. Korean Superboy has looked awesome, and I can't wait to see him fight more, but come on man. Not saying Choi can't beat Conor, but to act like he'll "expose" Conor just because he's looked good against low-level FW's is a joke. Conor KO'd Aldo and Mendes and dominated Holloway. He is far far more proven than Choi lol.

Tibau was definitely top 20, maybe even top 15.

Also RDA isn't just some win, he's one of the best LW's in history.

But he's not now. And, honestly, that fight is not something anyone should bring up to bolster Khabib's ranking. Yeah he won. It was not impressive at all and quite controversial.

No one is denying RDA wasn't a great win, but it's still 1 win. Conor get's shit on constantly for jumping the queue, yet Khabib is #2 in the world with only 1 current top 20 win.

"Shits about to hit da pipeline"

I take that as Conor is boxing money May for 100 million and then heading the union. He righted the universe and now shits gunna XPlode! Sure, Khabib will ragdoll any man that is able to make 155 but Conor vs Khabib will never, ever, ever happen. Conor's greatest asset is his IQ and dat big Irish brain, he will not, nor ever, knowingly walk into a sentient wood chipper.

But he's not now. And, honestly, that fight is not something anyone should bring up to bolster Khabib's ranking. Yeah he won. It was not impressive at all and quite controversial.

No one is denying RDA wasn't a great win, but it's still 1 win. Conor get's shit on constantly for jumping the queue, yet Khabib is #2 in the world with only 1 current top 20 win.

Nobody complained about Conor getting the title shot for him KOing Mendes which was honestly less impressive than Khabib absolutely mauling RDA.

Great. Another Connor hypothetical thread.

Everyone get this through your head....Connor must first defend the FW belt! Or, relinquish it(which he won't do, because it destroys his 2 division champion narrative). Get it? Focus on who he's actually going to fight.

RJ43, you are amongst the elite of GOAT posters. You stuck by your guns, had GOAT vision when hater bums like Breaking were trying to serve you up some salty crow. HOWEVER, we all know Khabib would hump da shit out of Conor for 5 rounds. In a fight to the death, McGOD may have a chance, but certainly not under a five round, ten point must system.

For your ability to see the GOAT of GOATs, I leave you a gift, the fair play Irish traveler version of Diaz vs McGOATers:

watch

Nobody complained about Conor getting the title shot for him KOing Mendes which was honestly less impressive than Khabib absolutely mauling RDA.

The problem with all of this is that all of Khabib's achievements were 2 years ago with literally zero activity until April this year. He comes back and beats a nobody and get's #2.

Look, I'm not saying Khabib is not a top fighter. There may be no one in that division that can stop him. BUT I personally want to see more from him before I automatically chalk him up as the uncrowned king and unstoppable force.

I see the physical power and wrestling that could crush Conor. I also see Khabib constantly rushing at his opponents with his hands at his hips with his chin leading the way...that's shit doesn't fly against Conor.

I very much look forward to Khabib's next fights.

I'm fairly confident that Mcgregor would beat Alvarez. I really don't think McGregor would avoid anyone. He would obviously look for big money fights. I think Khabib needs to have his own main event first before he can even be in the conor conversation.

That being said Khabib would be a massive test for Conor. Khabib does get a little sloppy but once he has you down he will ragdoll the hell out of you.

Back