Do you think Nate was injured?

Fight To Win

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I remember being very disappointed about his open workouts. He didn't even take his shoes off or anything. All he did was kind of walk around and throw half-assed kicks, did some half-assed shadowboxing, didn't hit pads, didn't grapple, basically didn't do shit.

I can't remember exactly what he did in the 196 open workouts but I know it wasn't THAT and hell he barely trained for 196 if at all. I think i remember him doing some throws and shit and hitting mitts, doing some BJJ but I could be thinking about another fight's open workout he did.

Anyways my crappy memory aside, do YOU think he had any serious injuries going into the fight? Using it as an excuse aside, I just want to see what you guys think. Conor put on a great performance regardless, Nate showed tons of heart and made it close as hell.

Nah not more than the usual. Both fighters wanted a third fight.

No I think he was scared of Conor. He's used to getting his way in middle class suburbs like Stockton by dressing in gangster black t shirts and pretending to be a cholo but when he comes up against someone actually from the street he fails. Mentally he was beaten once he saw Conor throw a can of monster.

I think a part of Nate probably thought the fight would go exactly the same as the first and McGregor's heart and will surprised him. He blew himself out chasing a TKO in the third. Conor was just better on the night.

He might've been injured, I don't know, but what's done is done.

No he fought 5 rounds. This rib injury nonsense doesn't even make sense if you look how good hes cardio was for those 5 rounds.

He said he was but who knows how serious those injuries really are.

If you're asking if I think the injuries changed the outcome of the fight, then no. Conor was going to win that fight either way.

Of course. The Diaz bros may be whiners and semi delusional at times, but they aren't liars.

But it's a training camp, most fighters have injuries.

Not enough for him and his camp to believe he would do anything but get the finish so it's irrelevant.

I remember being very disappointed about his open workouts. He didn't even take his shoes off or anything. All he did was kind of walk around and throw half-assed kicks, did some half-assed shadowboxing, didn't hit pads, didn't grapple, basically didn't do shit.

I can't remember exactly what he did in the 196 open workouts but I know it wasn't THAT and hell he barely trained for 196 if at all. I think i remember him doing some throws and shit and hitting mitts, doing some BJJ but I could be thinking about another fight's open workout he did.

Anyways my crappy memory aside, do YOU think he had any serious injuries going into the fight? Using it as an excuse aside, I just want to see what you guys think. Conor put on a great performance regardless, Nate showed tons of heart and made it close as hell.

I think so. According to his book of excuses he had multiple injuries going into the fight. His ribs and something else I can't recall.

No I think he was scared of Conor. He's used to getting his way in middle class suburbs like Stockton by dressing in gangster black t shirts and pretending to be a cholo but when he comes up against someone actually from the street he fails. Mentally he was beaten once he saw Conor throw a can of monster.

Conor aint from the streets come on. He came from a nice family background. I know some Irish guys who could fight like Nate all bloods and guts, but thats another story.

I don't know, but I know I've never seen Nate gas before. Of course, I've never seen him have an opportunity to make more money in the future by losing than by winning, either.

He said he was but who knows how serious those injuries really are.

If you're asking if I think the injuries changed the outcome of the fight, then no. Conor was going to win that fight either way.

Agreed. What lost him the fight was that cut in the 4th round when conor landed the shot to his eye. Really shifted the momentum and he had to focus on wiping the blood away and trying to see the left coming instead of continuing the attack from round 3. Rib injury, leg injury, whatever he had had nothing to do with that. He looked the same as ever to me... tough as nails, relentless pace, but lacking defense.

Has Diaz or a Shamrock brother ever lost a fight fair and square??

Diaz might have been dinged but nothing that hindered him. I won't look at an open work out as anything more than Nate wanting nothing to do with being there. .

I think most of the times fighters go into a fight they have one injury or another.

Every fighter is injured come fight night. It's the nature of the sport.

This fight was probably one of his worst performances, he was unable to time Conor and was very inaccurate. I don't think this is because of any injuries though, Conor simply made the better adjustments after their first fight.

Based on the way he was fighting early, I wouldn't be shocked if he was injured.

He looked like he had better timing in the fresh-off-the-boat, cabo fight. lol

For the first round and a half, he was missing practically everything he threw. Looked sloppy early. McG also landed just about everything HE threw. Wasn't until Conor started slowing down that he started to land.

I think not. I don´t think anybody is 100% going into a fight, but blaming a loss due to injury is just cringe IMO.

Most fighters fight injured. Thats why MMA is so crazy

No and it's a shitty excuse to make after the fight is over. I'm sure McGregor would have made the same excuse if he lost though

I think not. I don´t think anybody is 100% going into a fight, but blaming a loss due to injury is just cringe IMO.

You must cringe a lot being a Tito fan.

Back