Double standard?

Tormund

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
When Diaz beat McGregor here are some things that were said about McGregor, basically bashing him.

1) "Oh you're a wrestler now" "Panic Wrestler"
2) "Overrated boxing, got thoroughly outboxed by Nate."
3) "Glass chin"

Yet I haven't seen a single one of these things said about Nate even though:

1) Way more attempted and failed takedowns than McGregor.
2) Was THOROUGHLY beaten in the boxing exchanges, only success Nate had was in the clinch against the fence.
3) Got dropped multiple times, McGregor didn't get dropped ONCE in the first fight and has never been finished with strikes.

I'm not really a McGregor fan, but it's pitiful and hilarious to see what hate does to some people here.

Discuss this clear double standard.

kiss_it_game_of_thrones.gif

got choked in the 2nd rd

-

majority decison

Nate is 5 thousand times more cooler than Conor will be in ten thousand years and he can do whatever he wants

Panic wrestler was Conor's line that turned on him...this was not a straight boxing match, Conor changed his style and used leg kicks often, the first fight was closer to a boxing match...Glass chin one makes no sense

If you haven't seen any of those things posted than you haven't clicked on a single thread created by a Conor fan, because I have seen all of those things posted a over and over again.

Well those things have been posted, but still. I have absolutely no problem with Nate going for takedowns at any point of the fight, considering hed have a massive advantage on top if he ever got it there.

Conor got shit for panic wrestling because he has specifically made fun of panic wrestling before, and also because shooting for a takedown on Nate while gassed and hurt had a 0% chance of working in his favor

The difference in the panic wrestler thing is Nate is at a huge advantage on the ground so its smart for him to try and take conor down while conor had no shot on the ground but he was getting destroyed on his feet so he panicked because he couldnt think of anything else to do
Not really a puzzle

got choked in the 2nd rd

-

majority decison
/thread

Moving on...
What does that have to do with anything? A win is a win, majority decision is bullshit it should have been UD. McGregor outclassing him over 5 rounds is more impressive than Diaz getting peat from pillar to post then finishing a tired McGregor. They both prepared for each other this fight and McGregor came out on top. None of my points had anything to do with comparing the victories but if you want to go down that road then fine.

March 2016 join date and over 6k posts already and looking for attention by making yet another trolling post about Conor. I think it's pretty safe to say you're a Conor fan all right.

You couldn't have looked very hard for posts if you haven't seen a single one about those things.

Nate is 5 thousand times more cooler than Conor will be in ten thousand years and he can do whatever he wants
Yeah, it's so cool to:

1) Make a bunch of excuses
2) take orders from your older brother at 30 years old
3) Be punch-drunk as shit.
4) Want to fight as a gang not on your own. E.g: "My whole team will beat your whole teams ass".

March 2016 join date and over 6k posts already and looking for attention by making yet another trolling post about Conor. I think it's pretty safe to say you're a Conor fan all right.

You couldn't have looked very hard for posts if you haven't seen a single one about those things.
I'm the BJ Penn of sherdog, how is this a troll post? I rarely make threads, do you always just say a bunch of dumb shit that's completely untrue?

Nate is pretty stupid and you can barely understand what he's saying. Plus he's always got that lame scowl like he needs to take a shit.

What does that have to do with anything? A win is a win, majority decision is bullshit it should have been UD. McGregor outclassing him over 5 rounds is more impressive than Diaz getting peat from pillar to post then finishing a tired McGregor. They both prepared for each other this fight and McGregor came out on top. None of my points had anything to do with comparing the victories but if you want to go down that road then fine.
Just stop. The point you're trying to get across is moot. There's plenty of McGriders shitting on Nate. Sonny and I simply provided an opinion as to why McGregor caught shit after bout one and it may have to do with the loudest mouth in MMA fighting a journeyman and being choked out versus bout two resulting in a decision.

When Diaz beat McGregor here are some things that were said about McGregor, basically bashing him.

1) "Oh you're a wrestler now" "Panic Wrestler"
2) "Overrated boxing, got thoroughly outboxed by Nate."
3) "Glass chin"

Yet I haven't seen a single one of these things said about Nate even though:

1) Way more attempted and failed takedowns than McGregor.
2) Was THOROUGHLY beaten in the boxing exchanges, only success Nate had was in the clinch against the fence.
3) Got dropped multiple times, McGregor didn't get dropped ONCE in the first fight and has never been finished with strikes.

I'm not really a McGregor fan, but it's pitiful and hilarious to see what hate does to some people here.

Discuss this clear double standard.
NEVER EVER claim something as a double standard. You have absolutely no idea what it means or how it even works.

You want to know how the double standard work out ????

JDS knock out Cain, then Cain came back after a brutal fight with A. Silva to earn the title back

Matt Serra knock out GSP , then GSP came back after a brutal fight before earning the title back

Conor knock down Aldo ( Never lost in 10 years ) in just 13 seconds, Aldo had already defeat Frankie to be the interim Champ, but they still refuse to give him the title match with Conor

I'm the BJ Penn of sherdog, how is this a troll post? I rarely make threads, do you always just say a bunch of dumb shit that's completely untrue?

What did I just say? You couldn't have looked very hard for posts like that to say you couldn't find any. They're all over the place. Making threads claiming something that's not even remotely true is just seeking attention. It's trolling.

But hey. It's the Sherdog way.

Winning 3 rounds to 2 is nowhere near as impressive as actually finishing someone in the 2nd round. Now, if this had been a fight that was a shutout the way GSP 50-45'd his opponents I could understand as that would be dominating a fight and not just squeaking by with a close win.

And why are you responding to the one post in this thread that didn't answer your questions but ignoring all the ones that did? Seems like you're one of those Sherdoggers that creates an imaginary scenario in his head then makes a thread about that scenario as if it's reality, gets proven wrong then ignores everyone that proved you wrong.

Back