Who would win GSP vs Conor McGregor?

OneBoredColeman

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Who would win theoretically between these two?

I feel Conor poses a huge threat to GSP standing up. He's too slick and smart on the feet. GSP has good takedowns but I honestly think Conor's jiujitsu (training with dilon danis) will prove to be too much for GSP. GSP also has severe ring rust, hasn't fought in the ring since 2013, I think Conor will be able to capitalize on that

I do think GSP will be able to get good take downs but it's possible Conor will be able to KO him too. It's an interesting fight, would love to hear your guys thoughts.

Both of them would win. Regardless of who wins the fight, they both make millions.

Gsp would finish a fight for a change

Have you seen McGregor's ground game? LOL what kind of topic is this?

July 2016 join-date level thread

Who would win theoretically between these two?

I feel Conor poses a huge threat to GSP standing up. He's too slick and smart on the feet. GSP has good takedowns but I honestly think Conor's jiujitsu (training with dilon danis) will prove to be too much for GSP. GSP also has severe ring rust, hasn't fought in the ring since 2013, I think Conor will be able to capitalize on that

I do think GSP will be able to get good take downs but it's possible Conor will be able to KO him too. It's an interesting fight, would love to hear your guys thoughts.

Go watch the forst rd of the Mendes fight.

come back to me

GSP did a 'test camp' without steroids recently to see how he would look/perform under USADA and the rumours I heard from camp insiders was that it didn't go very well.

He weighed 140lbs soaking wet and couldn't spar more than 5 minutes per day. Without grease he also kept getting caught in subs by whitebelts.

You might think I am making this up but he legit did a test camp and his comeback is nowhere to be seen, so read into that what you like.
http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/11/...t-pierre-planning-six-week-test-training-camp

I hear he is now looking for a fight in Japan.

Everyone saying GSP but the guy has been out for years and is out of his prime. I get that he might be the favorite but it shouldn't be by much.

I believe in Conor more than most around here, but even a diminished Georges blankets him for 5 rounds. Georges has the physical tools and jab to keep Conor at bay to set up the take downs that Conor can't stop.

All-time awful match up for Conor.

Dude, c'mon. GSP dominated BJ Penn, Nick Diaz and Matt Serra on the ground. You think he'd have trouble with Conor?

GSP did a 'test camp' without steroids recently to see how he would look/perform under USADA and the rumours I heard from camp insiders was that it didn't go very well.

He weighed 140lbs soaking wet and couldn't spar more than 5 minutes per day. Without grease he also kept getting caught in subs by whitebelts.

You might think I am making this up but he legit did a test camp and his comeback is nowhere to be seen, so read into that what you like.
http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/11/...t-pierre-planning-six-week-test-training-camp

I hear he is now looking for a fight in Japan.

ban for spewing lies

It would be an extremely one sided beat down even after not fighting for a few years. GSP is very sharp on his feet and Conor wouldn't come close to defending against a take down.

K1Utxq.gif

GSP via submission. If Chad Mendes can take you down, the best wrestler in MMA history can dominate you.

Back