Sambo is Conor's weakness

Hi-Tech

Slavic Fighter
Banned
Reaction score
He has been tapped by sambo fighters before. The last time Conor faced a sambist he ended up screaming in agony and was lucky his opponent didn't go full Palhares on him for all the shit he's talking.

While everyone observed that Conor has major holes in his grappling I think Conor now has the basic skills to survive against conventional BJJ, but he can't deal with what the more diversified grappling that Eastern European sambists like Khabib bring to the table. Like Khabib said, if sambo was easy it would be called BJJ.

Conor can set up a 300k worth camp full of BJJ experts but who can he bring to prepare himself for Khabib? Dillon Danis was accused of treason by Nate, how do you think a grappler from Caucasus would be viewed if he helped Conor to beat the local hero Khabib? Will Conor buy bear cubs and wrestle with them to imitate Khabib's movement? There's nothing he can do other than pray that he lands some lucky shot while Khabib rushes in, but unfortunately from what we have seen now Khabib has a solid chin. He's also a huge LW.

Unfortunately Conor will be protected from Khabib as long as the UFC exists, but if he had the balls to even try to clean out everyone around his weight (like GSP, Fedor, Jones and Anderson did), he would have a huge problem with Khabib. I just can't see a way he wins this fight.

Any strong wrestler will ruin him, if Chad had a camp he would've wrecked him. Conor is a pure striker. He might have above average striking, but he lacks the grappling so it evens out.

Any strong wrestler will ruin him, if Chad had a camp he would've wrecked him. Conor is a pure striker. He might have above average striking, but he lacks the grappling so it evens out.

Would he really? Every fight starts standing up and Mendes isn't particularly amazing in top position. There's every possibility that he would KO Mendes again with a full camp.

I predict a 50-43 decision win by Khabib after Conor gets 2 points deducted for hopelessly grabbing the fence after he's tossed around the cage like a baby.

Full camp or not, Mendes wont handle the left.

Fight%2BFinish%2BConor%2BMcGregor%2Bvs%2BChad%2BMendes.gif
It's a great gif that illustrates Mendes' indecision about how he should be falling

I think Khabib wins. Conor would never accept that fight though

To be fair, the fight against the sambo guy was when he was starting out. While Khabib would probably maul him if he got a hold of him, Conor would absolutely light Khabib up on the feet. Those looping shots would make Khabib eat a left uppercut/left straight.

I think Khabib wins. Conor would never accept that fight though

Not a fan of Conor but I don't think he's in the business of ducking anyone. He did fight Mendes on a short camp which was a risky fight

Dana however.....will not all this man anywhere near Conor...lol

Yeah, right....Conor only has "above average" striking.....remember that guy called BJ Penn? Remember how he was considered to have the best boxing in MMA (per Freddie Roach) an remember what happened to him whence he fought a Diaz? Yeah, well Conor did the absolutely impossible, something GOAT Motivated BJ could not: he out boxed a Diaz, on his terms, at his weight.

Conor has the best hands we have ever seen in MMA. Striking to Conor was what the symphony was to Beethoven, the fugue to Bach, the baroque lute was to Weiss (@RexKwonDo) and McGreGOATsLeft and ISeeStiffness is to GOAT posting. Diaz has the biggest heart we have ever seen, in any sport, ever and is a non human terminator........both of them are total complete and utter studs. If folks can not realize that, then you need to seek professional help. We just witnessed the Frazier vs Ali of MMA and folks wanna bitch rather than realize the beauty, the art, the perfection of what just happened.

I agree OP. An explosive, athletic fighter like Sambo would destroy Cannor. That's why he's never fought anyone like that, either.

How long ago did that Lithuanian guy tap him out? That leg lock was a long time ago.

Not a fan of Conor but I don't think he's in the business of ducking anyone. He did fight Mendes on a short camp which was a risky fight

Dana however.....will not all this man anywhere near Conor...lol
Conor would TOTALLY fight Khabib. Sure, anyone that knows fighting knows that Conor would lose to Khabib tho. I've always said: Conor beats anyone not named Khabib. Khabib is the greatest, most dominant fighter to ever make 155. However, Khabib gasses and Conor could put it on him late if he stays calm (like w/ Diaz) and could catch him early as Da Eagle is wild, reckless and open. In a no time limit, fight to the death, the Diaz bros beat everyone tho. Conor would fight anyone, anytime, anywhere, at any weight, and if people do not realize that he has the biggest sack that we have ever seen, then no one can help you.

I thought hubris was his weakness? Which is it Sherdog? Hubris or Sambo?

Would he really? Every fight starts standing up and Mendes isn't particularly amazing in top position. There's every possibility that he would KO Mendes again with a full camp.
Not commenting on a rematch here, but mendes is arguably at his best in the top position.

That fight was 8 years ago, it was only his 3rd ever fight and he was only 20.

TS may have a point though, next up is Jon jones. all we have to do is find a Deaf guy who will let Jones 12-6 elbow him in the head and get Disqualified.

Shit, I think I just found jones weakness as well.

Lol...this bum Hi-Tech is one more 1000 word essay away from getting his novel published, How Conor McGregor made me a little bitch.

You might be the biggest loser I've ever seen in me life, ye.

Back