UFC 202: McGregor's "death stare"

The Natural Born Runner

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone else spotted this, but I managed to spot this really weird and what appeared to be "forced" attempt to intimidate Diaz prior to the fight - with this death stare.

Conor came to the cage unlike his normal self, a death stare with no smiles or positive energy - just anger in his eyes.

I just found it so funny when Big John asked them if they wanted to touch gloves and he stood there with his hands by his sides and again with the death stare - trying to look like Morpheus or Heihachi from Tekken or some shit.

Of course the death stare looked like it was about to be the perfect appearance when he was knocking Diaz down and such, but when he began to gas in the 8th minute of the bout his face changed lol.

Conor's face when he is tired, upset or rocked is one of the funniest faces in the world. He looks like a lost little boy who's just been touched in a place that he doesn't like. On the other hand you have Robbie Lawler who starts laughing and smiling when he's getting hit - I know what I'd prefer as a fan lol.

Conor did well to recover in the 4th, but that face will forever be hilarious to me.

f209852790b6029dcbb1f3b6bb9953ae

I thought it was funnier when they did the weigh in stare-down and Nate said immediately after:

"He was coming at me with the crazy eyes, but I'm like, where I'm from EVERYONE's crazy homie."

lol

almost as funny as when nate tried to do his taunting schtick and then immediately got blasted in the face

Another poor mcgregor hater wallowing in his hate, searching for some meaning in his now ruined life

almost as funny as when nate tried to do his taunting schtick and then immediately got blasted in the face
GIF or it didn't happen.

I also distinctively remember him running after Conor whilst laughing and pointing at him as he was doing his Mo Farah impression.

I thought it was funnier when they did the weigh in stare-down and Nate said immediately after:

"He was coming at me with the crazy eyes, but I'm like, where I'm from EVERYONE's crazy homie."

lol

Do you have a video of that quote?

Back