P4P: Greatest "Pillow Fists" in the UFC?

Snyper

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
How's it going, Sherdawgs. What fighter's strikes are not all that damaging and even when they land, do not seem to really do any damage without accumulation? A few that come to mind.

Neil Magny- Especially his GnP against Lombard
Rose Namajunas- Her stand up against Kowalkiewicz
Michael Bisping- Before his Rockhold (T)KO

Who is the P4p least damaging hitter?

hi-res-dc073178b821420a35884ec9d19394a6_crop_north.jpg

Bisping has a lot of TKO's though..so it's a myth, created by haters

16 career TKO/KO...10 in the UFC

Last edited:
Every female 115lb fighter...

Whattup white belt

Prime Fitch. I don't think he was ever trying to finish people but he piled on countless hits and finished no one. He was also to GSP what Nogeuira was to Fedor in that division for the longest time.

Not sure if he technically counts as a pillow fist guy but I count him.

I mean just look at this lol then go look at his finish rate.

totalstrikeschart.png

Jon Jones hasn't dropped anyone other than Machida as I recall. DC hasn't dropped anyone in his career either other than Bigfoot.

He's been retired for quite while now but Hughes had no power in his hands either, the only knockdown I recall he had was against Almeida and he looked surprised it happened.

Seeing as his "pillowfists" have secured him 10 (T)KOs in the UFC, and 16 in total, i'd have to go with Bisping.

Bisping has a lot of TKO's though..so it's a myth, created by haters

16 career TKO/KO...10 in the UFC

It's not really a myth. If he wasn't pillowfisted, those would be KOs, not TKOs. All a TKO means is you can punch in volume. Jones has TKOs too, and no one would say he has knockout power.

Jake Shields. I love him but he ain't ever KOing anyone.

It's not really a myth. If he wasn't pillowfisted, those would be KOs, not TKOs. All a TKO means is you can punch in volume. Jones has TKOs too, and no one would say he has knockout power.

yeah but he's still got the power to rock and finish people..that's the point..many fighters don't even have that.

Used and in mint condition punching bags sold by J_fitch and Shields_Vegan_4_Life

I wouldn't say Rose. Karolina was wearing sun glasses at the presser, to hide the bruises.

Might have to watch more footage but it looks like Holloway doesn't have the power I first thought he did.

He went toe to toe with lamas landing everything he wanted at will and I was sure he could bust open lamas or even KO him... unfortunately it looked like he could impose very little damage.

Incredible striker nonetheless

Cain and Werdum have pillow fists for being 240lb pro fighters

Namanujas hits pretty hard for a Strawweight or even a female fighter in general.

Bisping hits harder than he used to an I don't think he was ever the weakest puncher in the UFC there were some more featherfisted.

I think both GSP and shields had little power in their hands especially Shields but both aren't in the UFC or at least nto active at the moment.

There are a few female fighters with no mpower in their hands at all much weaker than Namajunas who can punch. Kowalkiewic for example has no power in her hands Namajunas hit 100 times harder than she did

Back