The Evolution of Punk - Episode 2

Lawblaw

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
TBH if I was a fighter I'd be mad as hell, I mean I'm not even a fighter, I've just been training for years and I believe I'm way better than him.

You should've been a celebrity first TS

From what I understand, he was a big deal in his former profession....why, at his age, would he even want to do this.I mean, he doesnt strike me as a natural fighter or someone who even emjoys the possible violence of it all.His wife is beautiful and seemed like he already had the world by the short hairs....
Anyways- wish the guy luck....

From what I understand, he was a big deal in his former profession....why, at his age, would he even want to do this.I mean, he doesnt strike me as a natural fighter or someone who even emjoys the possible violence of it all.His wife is beautiful and seemed like he already had the world by the short hairs....
Anyways- wish the guy luck....
Yeah I like the guy and I wish him luck, I just think if I was a professional fighter who's trying to get to the UFC and watch this video I'll be legit mad

Even though he seems like a nice guy i think he gets his ass kicked big time tbh. But good luck!

If you are a legit fighter and youre wasting your time being mad about this then thats the reason you dont have your own special, the real pros focus on their own careers and dont worry about why this guy is getting a special. Also if you aren't 4 ways from retarded you understand the guy is a celeb who is trying to make a legit run at a short MMA career and its an interesting story to follow.

I don't see why anyone would be mad beside jealousy. i think Punk gets destroyed but why does it matter?

he doesn't take anyone's "spot" in the UFC he is big enough to get included regardless if anything he brings exposure and viewers to the UFC the only reason to be mad at him is jelousy

If you've been training for years and never had an amateur fight, cm punk is twice the man you are

I know this is the beginning of his few years practice, but he looks more than horrible in these clips.

You can tell he's putting in a lot of effort into it and he's a genuine fan of the sport as he's immersed himself completely in it. I hope he at least is able to manage to make it to a decision. Also, his wife is a dime.

In an annoying Paul Heyman voice "Who?" "WHO?" "WHO?"

Sparring session starts around 18:13.

He gets countered HARD by a 4-2 lightweight.

I almost feel bad for him.

Honestly regardless of his level i respect what he's doing, because he's taking a big risk for his image here

I don't understand why people get so pissed of about it. It's not like he took anybody's place like people say, in fact he did place for mickey gall so it's the contrary

Watched it this morning. He seems like a good guy. Really have to admire a man who has the balls and humility to leave his perch at the top of his world and completely start over with something new.

To be famous like that and be humble enough to be in front of everyone at his level and endure the hate and criticism... it's a rare thing.

lulz at Lars in there. "Duke, I really need my fat punk rock friend to come to the gym to support me. He's in some really shitty bands and they're gonna channel their energy of shit music to help me defeat Gall"

Good for him its a real enjoyable watch and he is really likable and really has low expectations for himself.

And his wife is an absolute dime. Her smile and Ass are awesome.

Its hard to watch this footage and not think he'll get destroyed at ufc 203. I just hope by the last episode of this documentary that it shows he's come a LONG way and has thr basics covered from striking to wrestling go BJJ.

Then I hope his actual training camp for this fight was amazing. If all that happens and he puts in a good performance then thats all you can ask for. He doesnt need to win his fight to gain respect. Believe it...all this is about is respect. He wanted it bad in the WWE, and he wants it just as bad, if not more, in the UFC.

Back