JBJ vs Rumble rumors UFC trying to bully DC into another JBJ fight?

Son of Sonnen

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I think it is. DC has quietly, but emphatically said he is moving on from Jon. Leaves the UFC with 2 champs at LHW because of their dumb interim belt if Jon once again gets out of the bed he has made for himself. I think they are hoping DC relents and says Jones first over Rumble, or if he doesn't, Rumble wins they unify the belts in a DC vs Rumble fight or if Jon wins, how can DC not fight him then. The prospect of losing a big payday whoever he fights plus probably would kill DC to have someone else be the guy that beats Jon. A shitty power play by Dana. What's more, If you saw Rumble on Fox while DC was talking...DC vs Rumble is a money fight. They don't need Jon right now for a big main. Makes no sense to me.

Jones vs. Rumble is the money fight. It is more intriguing than Jones Cormier 2 because of all the injuries and suspensions.

DC doesn't have the option of 'moving on from Jones', as champ he will stfu and face whoever they tell him to.

I want Jones vs Rumble at MSG. Winner fights DC Superbowl weekend. DC never wanted to fight Jon in NY anyway.

No...couldn't disagree more, TS. They want to do the Rumble/Jones fight first because they know that having Rumble/DC first would be risky. Clearly they want to put together the Rumble/Jones fight...so why would they risk putting Rumble against DC again and having him potentially lose and then miss out on the fight that everyone wants to see? DC isn't afraid of either one anyway...he isn't being bullied, he isn't afraid of Jones. Rumble/Jones is the fight to make....assuming that Jones is cleared. I could see this being more as a potential punishment for Jones...because if he shows up looking like he did against OSP in a fight with Rumble....it will be a short and very bad night for him. Besides, who do you think the UFC really likes....DC the analyst who does great work for the company....or Jon Jones...the guy that has been one headache after another?

UFC loves DC. They even gave him a desk job.

DC never ducked Jon but it must be frustrating being booked to a guy who cant stay out of trouble.

These 3 guys are the division. Isn't it better to do DC vs Rumble first. Jon is getting some kind of suspension from either USADA or the NAC or both, tainted supplement, dick pill or kangaroo meat. DC wants to active. So does Rumble. If Rumble wins, you get Jon vs Rumble. If DC wins your back in on DC Jon. Plus Based on recent performances, not even an argument can be made that Rumble has been more impressive and dominant.

I don't think DC is afraid of Jon. I think he has just set in his mind that he wants to move on after the latest. Said something about needing to move on because of what it does, is doing, to him mentally.

Nobody wants to watch Cormier fight. I would not want him as champion if I was UFC.

These 3 guys are the division. Isn't it better to do DC vs Rumble first.

Gus is also legit...there may have been some lingering doubt after the first fight with Jones...and then Rumble knocking him out didn't help either...but he proved against DC that he is an elite fighter. I wouldn't mind seeing Gus/Jones next either.

I understand DC's frustration, making it through a full training camp, only to have your opponent changed at the last minute has to suck, but he can't move on until he unifies the titles. If Jon catches a two year suspension, DC has every right to move on, but if this whole debacle was some kind of misunderstanding, and Jon does not have to serve a lengthy suspension, then he has no choice.

I'm a huge fan of DC and Rumble and like Jon and consider him the modern mma GOAT.

Rumble vs Jones is the money fight. The problem with that fight is that it sidelines DC for a long time. Or maybe DC will stick to his word and be adamant about fighting Rumble next.

Can we stop saying and caring about "money fight" please?

I want to see Rumble vs. Jones - this is the best possible outcome if Jones' suspension is light

DC should fight Jon at some point soon, after all DC is holding Jons belt and Jon beat him comfortably. Cormier should also be wanting to fight Jones otherwise no one will consider him the real champ unless he beats Jones

DC should fight Jon at some point soon, after all DC is holding Jons belt and Jon beat him comfortably. Cormier should also be wanting to fight Jones otherwise no one will consider him the real champ unless he beats Jones
he did want to and prepped and trained and jon messed it up as usual.
if i am signing to fight jones i want the UFC to guarentee my pay if jones doesn't make it to the cage come fight night for one reason or another

Back