Conor will never fight Max again

Ballsack Mcgee

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Max Holloway won't get a title shot as long as Conor is the champ. He's already backing out of the Aldo fight after the whole interim title thing was his idea. He'll say he already beat Max and who knows how often he'll even defend that title if it's not stripped from him. Even if he beats Aldo again, how many fights will he fight outside his division before he defends it again? Max better hope Aldo beats Conor twice cause you know there will be an instant rematch if Conor loses. Max will seriously have to fight at least 3 more times before he gets his shot.

I don't think he's coming back to 145lbs, but I'd love to see those rematches.

Conor ain't scared.

But Max is cool guy.

Very talented.

I hope conor takes LW belt, so Max can beat Aldo for FW belt.

Conor will never go back to 145lbs anyway.

Max Holloway won't get a title shot as long as Conor is the champ. He's already backing out of the Aldo fight after the whole interim title thing was his idea. He'll say he already beat Max and who knows how often he'll even defend that title if it's not stripped from him. Even if he beats Aldo again, how many fights will he fight outside his division before he defends it again? Max better hope Aldo beats Conor twice cause you know there will be an instant rematch if Conor loses. Max will seriously have to fight at least 3 more times before he gets his shot.

Max Holloway played himself against Conor in EA UFC 2 on Twitch and got KTFO. As far as I'm concerned that makes him 0-2 against Conor. He doesn't deserve to fight him again.

I could be wrong but I think the whole McG not stepping down is being blown out of proportion, I think it has more to do with not only how the whole Aldo and McG thing has played out over the last year or two but also that the one in line to fight McG is Aldo and his reign over 6yrs was hardly the most active therefore McG has a lot of leverage in that respect.

Had Edgar won, he'd have prob been more inclined to rush down and secure the division again.

Ps, let's not forget that he has to now drop almost 2 stone and stay fit to fight... This may take a bit longer than we all hope ?

I could be wrong but I think the whole McG not stepping down is being blown out of proportion, I think it has more to do with not only how the whole Aldo and McG thing has played out over the last year or two but also that the one in line to fight McG is Aldo and his reign over 6yrs was hardly the most active therefore McG has a lot of leverage in that respect.

Had Edgar won, he'd have prob been more inclined to rush down and secure the division again.

Ps, let's not forget that he has to now drop almost 2 stone and stay fit to fight... This may take a bit longer than we all hope ?

Quoted for emphasis

I don't see anyone at FW could beat McGregor. Too big. Too powerful. Max should fight Aldo. Conor will drop the belt and move to 155 - for sure

If Max can beat Aldo I think it will happen.

Conors not dropping the belt. At least not willingly. He wants to hold multiple belts at once.

Max Holloway played himself against Conor in EA UFC 2 on Twitch and got KTFO. As far as I'm concerned that makes him 0-2 against Conor. He doesn't deserve to fight him again.
He's got to at least get another few wins before he even thinks about a title shot.

If there is a Conor.Jose 2...which I doubt...Max will be ready in case Jose pulls out....There's a slim chance Max could get his crack at him again.

This. If Aldo had fought and lost at 189 he most likely would have gotten his immediate rematch. Instead we had to watch the Aldo fight get hyped for like 6 months only for it to get cancelled two weeks before, and then we had to wait another good 5 months for a fight that ended in 13 seconds. Nobody at that point wanted to see an immediate Aldo rematch and nobody felt like watching another 6 month promotional campaign with McGregor screaming at Aldo.

I like Max but he has shown nothing that would indicate the second fight would go differently.

Max has a hell of a chin on him as well which definitely would help but he looked like a dear in the headlights against Conor.

He has obviously improved in leaps and bounds but he literally didn't land anything of note in the first fight. How is he going to close the skill gap in striking in a couple of years? People act like he's in a time machine improving his skills where Conor is regressing.. Conor is improving as well.

wish edgar would have won that aldo fight, he looked terrible and weak. if edgar can't face conor i'd prefer holloway. aldo, turned into such a crybaby after his loss i lost all respect. conor should jump down knock him out and let the division move, because it is uncool to leave max hanging. i follow him on snapchat and hes a cool dude.

Back