Which UFC LW's would beat Nate Diaz in a 5 round stand up fight?

bigben_83

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Right, i was just thinking to myself and wondered what you guys thought. Who would you favour in a pure stand up fight in the UFC LW rankings, that could go 5 rounds and win a decison or KO? Basically use the same strategy as connor and come away with the W..
Top of my head i think the likest is Edson Barbosa via leg kicks, however Nate seemed to be checking the kicks alot better than his previous fights.

Nate Diaz would come out of a Barboza fight minus one leg.

Sage-Northcutt.jpg

Josh Thomson? Barbosa? Most top guys at 155 are diverse enough to not have to stand and trade with Nate.

Besides a Barboza type smashing his leg and changing the tide of the fight, no one other than Conor.

Conors boxing is phenomenal. It really is. If they were the same size, he would have finished Nate. This is coming from someone who bet $300 on Nate. He may have the best striking of the lower weight divisions.

Josh Thomson? Barbosa? Most top guys at 155 are diverse enough to not have to stand and trade with Nate.

Thomson is gone from the UFC now isnt he?

Thomson is not in the UFC anymore and i think at this point, millionaire diaz would stop him.. yes i know most guys would mix it up but i was just thinking which LWS could actually use the connor gameplan and come away with the W.. I dont think there are many

Epson would definitely be the best bet, although it would be interesting to see how he deals with Nate pressure.

Might be an unpopular opinion, but I think Aldo would take Nate at 155lbs.

He'd be far quicker than Nate and his leg kicks would be death, Nate has improved his leg kick defense, but not enough to stop an Aldo leg kick. I think Nate would be chasing him all night.

People criticize Conor for having a tough time with Diaz because he's had his losses at LW.

In reality though it's impressive what he was able to do to him with a standup oriented style.

damn. am i the only one that thinks nate beats barboza?

Might be an unpopular opinion, but I think Aldo would take Nate at 155lbs.

He'd be far quicker than Nate and his leg kicks would be death, Nate has improved his leg kick defense, but not enough to stop an Aldo leg kick. I think Nate would be chasing him all night.

honestly before the conor fight i thought Aldo had the much better chance of beating Diaz in a 5 round fight.. The only problem i was thinking is that if aldo runs out of steam at 155 in the later rounds, diaz is stopping him

honestly before the conor fight i thought Aldo had the much better chance of beating Diaz in a 5 round fight.. The only problem i was thinking is that if aldo runs out of steam at 155 in the later rounds, diaz is stopping him

That's the big factor, but I think Aldo's gas would be much better at 155lbs, plus he didn't slow against Edgar (albeit Edgar didn't chase him as much as Diaz probably would)

Nate breaks Barboza in a 5 rounder.

It took about 3 kicks for RDA to take out Nate's leg. Aldo and Edson could probably do the same. Edson is chinny and cracks under pressure, so I would give Nate a better chance against him. I'd say 50-50 with Ferguson, and Nurmy blankets Nate to a decision. I favor Nate over Alvarez.

Right, i was just thinking to myself and wondered what you guys thought. Who would you favour in a pure stand up fight in the UFC LW rankings, that could go 5 rounds and win a decison or KO? Basically use the same strategy as connor and come away with the W..
Top of my head i think the likest is Edson Barbosa via leg kicks, however Nate seemed to be checking the kicks alot better than his previous fights.
khabib the eagle would. but if they did go at it khabib would tko him round 2 or 3 but if they did stand up I think khabib and maybe cowboy cerone

Back