Eddie Alvarez is not a real champion; Just wants 1 big pay day

Ol'Ironhead

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It's become so apparent Eddie Alvarez doesn't want to fight anyone other than Mcgregor for that one big pay; he doesn't want to fight Tony and he doesn't want to fight Khabib, both the number 1 and 2 contenders for the belt. Says Khabib is "undeserving" ... Well for one, Khabib does have more of a champion mentality than Alvarez does, Khabib doesn't care at all about a big pay day with Mcgregor he only wants the belt right now and would likely want to fight Tony finally after he's champ. Eddie is 32 and knows there's not much going for him other than hoping for a pay day from Conor. Khabib has many more fans than Eddie does as well, and eddie seems to think he's the big shot when almost nobody knows who he is, while Khabib is known in others parts of the world.

Personally I think Eddie is an embarrassing "champ" and the UFC and their match making decisions are just as clownish. If the UFC was legitimate and lined up fighters who were deserving of title shots, they would force Eddie to fight Khabib, and Conor to defend 145 belt of be stripped. But obviously that is not going to happen, because the UFC only cares about ppv points nowadays. I think its pretty pathetic all in all.

What's your opinion on this situation?

I say make Eddie v Fergie, winner gets red panty night.

How is he not a real champion? He JUST beat one of the most dominant champs in 155 history. Because he wants a money fight in a couple of months he's a paper champ?

Well if I competed in a sport that I could possibly die from then yes of couse I'd want a big pay day.

He's got a real belt. Just like Connie.

He's has plenty of real belts he's defended.

The difference is Alvarez will have earned his lightweight title shot and heel defend his belt. Connie won't. All Connie has defended lately is his pride and his mouth.

He came as a Bellator champ. Lose a 28-29 decision, and then cameback to win against former Strikeforce, Former UFC champ and then he KO'd RDA.

It does not matter if you don't see him as a champ. He is. Deal with it.

And who has Khabib fought? RDA before making his tittle run? Gimme a break.

But yeah, I Do agree they should stop that non-sense of "money fights" and treat the sport like It deserves.

I don't understand why fighter want to get paid....

Bullsh*t!!!!

Last edited:
So everyone in the UFC deserves a conor pay day? You idiot. I can't believe I was a white belt once
I never even said Eddie deserved a Conor pay day?? Selective reading there mate.

You said Eddie wanted 1 big pay day and you are critising him for it.

Personally I don't like Alvarez but he is in a position of strength to be able to decide if he wants to defend his title on a tiny fox card or fight at a massive PPV for millions.

Forgot your canadian so your a bit slow at these things

How dares he?! A guy getting punched in the face wanting to be paid..
Rediculous world we live in.

Alvarez and Woodley don't seem very confident in their standings as champion.

who cares about the belt? it's a meaningless momento that you'll just have to end up selling when you retire in your 30s and realise you should've been chasing the money

fighting people is his job and he does his job to earn as much money as he can in the very short window he has available

Eddie Alvarez has been a champion everywhere he has ever fought....how many belts have you won?...well?...dummy?

Why in the hell would a fighter not campaign for the biggest payday of their career? You probably reject raises in your own chosen profession to make sure things are more fair for you coworkers, right TS? :rolleyes:

most champs are like that nowadays, we're screwed as a sport. Conor, Eddie, Twood, Bisping, Cruz..all of them are choosing guys. Stipe and MM are probably the only true champs that give zero fucks who they fight. Stipe beat my boy Werdum, but huuuuge props for him taking on Overeem right next. I don't like Overeem, but you can't deny he's been looking really good on his last fights!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartoonq123
Back