Who is a more complete striker: Overeem or Conor McGregor?

KOfinger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Both of them have insane kicks, insane power, and very good boxing.

Overeem and it's not close. Conors hands are great but his kicks are average.

Overeem has excellent boxing, some of the best kicks in UFC, plus arguably the best knees in UFC

It's you comparing Maia and Gunner Nelson : Nelson is a talented grappler , but Maia is on another level.

Another punch drunk Connie fanboy...

Overeem has excellent boxing, some of the best kicks in UFC, plus arguably the best knees in UFC

How can Overeems boxing be excellent when he has no jab, and no combinations, and throws about 5 punches a round? His boxing is crap, he just relies on his size and power, it makes me laugh how so many believe he has great hands. Conor is leagues better.

Both have strengths, Conor has quicker hands and way better technical boxing overall. Overeem has more powerful kicks and mixes them up with his punches better.

How can Overeems boxing be excellent when he has no jab, and no combinations, and throws about 5 punches a round? His boxing is crap, he just relies on his size and power, it makes me laugh how so many believe he has great hands. Conor is leagues better.
At boxing, Conor is better. But considering the post is about who is the most complete striker and Conor is good at only one aspect of striking, my answer is substantiated. I'm not a Conor hater, but they're asking the complete striker between a guy with great hands, and one of the most decorated kick boxers to ever compete in the UFC

Of course this thread is from KOfinger...

It's hard to say who is more complete, Conor showed he can mix in elbows and leg kicks just as well as anyone. Overeem can knee you into oblivion.

Both have strengths, Conor has quicker hands and way better technical boxing overall. Overeem has more powerful kicks and mixes them up with his punches better.

So striking doesn't involve kicks, knees, clinch work?

You must think Connie's kicks this past weekend were some revelation and qualified him for the MT hall of fame in MMA like he's from Chute Box? Lol.

Overeem's boxing excellent? You must be high. Overeem is more well rounded than Conor but his boxing skills are much better than Overeem.

You must think Connie's kicks this past weekend were some revelation and qualified him for the MT hall of fame in MMA like he's from Chute Box? Lol.
Stop hating bruh. It'll be okay.

At boxing, Conor is better. But considering the post is about who is the most complete striker and Conor is good at only one aspect of striking, my answer is substantiated. I'm not a Conor hater, but they're asking the complete striker between a guy with great hands, and one of the most decorated kick boxers to ever compete in the UFC

I dont recall him throwing many kicks at all in his recent fights. Conor has better kicks as well imo. He won K1 about 6 years ago, because of an easy draw, so he can't live off that reputation forever. He is a much more passive striker in mma.

Check my second post, you can't be salty all your life.

REEM.

However, Conor is pretty good for a ginger manlet.

I dont recall him throwing many kicks at all in his recent fights. Conor has better kicks as well imo. He won K1 about 6 years ago, because of an easy draw, so he can't live off that reputation forever. He is a much more passive striker in mma.

sorry kid but he beat Badr Hari, Peter Aerts, Tyrone Spong and he should have gotten the decision over Remy bonjsaky as well..... that's pretty impressive

Back