It's ridiculous how the Diaz bros are so heavily reliant on their chin

NationWideNinja

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
They plod forward, get tagged with bombs, and with the good graces of mother nature that blessed them with an adamantium skull they are able to stay in the fight and actually come back. Daley was punching Nick's face like one of those punching bag machines, and instead of going out like a normal human being Nick just pops back up. They are supposed to be these elite mma boxers, but how true is that with a severely lacking defensive game. I like how guys like JBJ, prime Fedor, or Mousasi have a very underrated granite chin, purely because we dont see them get hit flush very often.

I know that a chin has always been and always will be a big part of fighting, just like how some fighters are blessed with speed, natural cardio, or power. But with speed, cardio, and power you still have to make those things work for you. A hard hitter will still have to connect his strikes, as does the fast guy or the cardio machine. But a chin is just there, nothing more nothing less.

Other notable mentions:

Condit
Prime Big Nog
Nelson
Hunt
Prime Hendo

Last edited:
It might not be good for their health long term.

The honorable mentions are bullshit if you ask me.

How good was prime Nogueira's BJJ? Condit's striking and top game are pretty damn good. Hendo may have relied heavily on the H-Bomb but he was no one trick pony.

As for the Diaz' they have a lot of attributes to go along with their chins.

Not a huge fan of the Diaz brothers outside the cage but inside they are awesome and there chins are amazing.
And yeah Condit chin plus recovery are ridiculous.

So his chin is underrated because he doesn't get hit a lot? If so, how can we discern is granite?

'Lel' indeed.

Obviously I mean in his entire career. Sure he got tagged up by Alex, and OSP landed a nice one, as did Rashad. But overall his game doesnt revolve heavily around his chin, and its not a constant factor, therefore not a lot of people might think his chin is that great because he doesnt get tagged frequently. Whereas Nate gets tagged a lot in his fights. Not that hard to get honestly.

condits chin is the goat.

Flush shots from Ellenberger, Jonny hendricks, Tyron Woodley, and Bobby Brawler

It just shows how thick they and their coaches are tbh. No gameplans, no changes in tactics, no real improvement in skills. There's a reason none of their fighters have ever come close to winning a UFC title.

So his chin is underrated because he doesn't get hit a lot? If so, how can we discern is granite?

'Lel' indeed.

No. He has one of the best chins in the game, I lel`d because he has been getting hit a lot in his last 4 fights. Thats the reason we know his chin is granite, obviously.

No. He has one of the best chins in the game, I lel`d because he has been getting hit a lot in his last 4 fights. Thats the reason we know his chin is granite, obviously.

I was agreeing with you.

The honorable mentions are bullshit if you ask me.

How good was prime Nogueira's BJJ? Condit's striking and top game are pretty damn good. Hendo may have relied heavily on the H-Bomb but he was no one trick pony.

As for the Diaz' they have a lot of attributes to go along with their chins.

Completely besides the point. I never said or even insinuated that they dont have any skills besides their chin, nor was this thread meant to discuss their overal skills. Its about how reliant they are on having a superhuman chin.

It is their style not their chin. That is why they are too relax. It's like punching water.

Completely besides the point. I never said or even insinuated that they dont have any skills besides their chin, nor was this thread meant to discuss their overal skills. Its about how reliant they are on having a superhuman chin.

They're not reliant on it, was my point.

They're not reliant on it, was my point.

If you dont think that Condit after taking flush bombs from Ellenberger, Hendricks, Lawler, and Woodley, would have a completely different looking record (as in more KO losses), then I dont know what to tell ya.

Same with Big Nog. An average chinned guy doesnt take a headkick from Crocop and continues to submit him. That guy would be unconscious.

If you dont think that Condit after taking flush bombs from Ellenberger, Hendricks, Lawler, and Woodley, would have a completely different looking record (as in more KO losses), then I dont know what to tell ya.

Same with Big Nog. An average chinned guy doesnt take a headkick from Crocop and continues to submit him. That guy would be unconscious.

If you think Condit only had a chin, he wouldnt have a finish rate in the 80% range. His career would look a lot different.

They're not fucking Cabbage, lol.

Back