Are 2,3 5 the same rounds Diaz fans scored for Nick against Condit?

nostradumbass

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
3 and 5 were obviously for Nate, and round 2 is the swing round. I remember Nick fans were complaining about the scoring, claiming "nick 2,3 5" or something. Would be funny if round 2 was the exact questionable round in this fight.

I still think Nick edged Carlos. But Conor definitely beat Nate.

If Nate fans are banking on round 2, then he definitely lost. He got dropped TWICE! If Nate rallied back with a single knock down, or at least a takedown, then I could see a case for debate, but he just increased his punch output and Conor blocked half of those.

3 and 5 were obviously for Nate, and round 2 is the swing round. I remember Nick fans were complaining about the scoring, claiming "nick 2,3 5" or something. Would be funny if round 2 was the exact questionable round in this fight.

5 obviously for Nate?...and you are questioning round 2? Wtf lol

Without that end of rand 5 takedown it's a toss up, very close round.

Round four was closer for Nate than round 2. Round 2 was as clear as it gets...a few seconds of slaps at the end of the round may sway drunken casuals watching, but it won't persuade a judge or anyone who know anything about scoring a round.

I have no love for McConor but you guys need to take off your Diaz delusion specs and watch the fight properly without bias.

Without that end of rand 5 takedown it's a toss up, very close round.
Ha, "without the takedown it's a close round." OK, but there was a TD and you can't score it like there wasn't, or just omit things so you can score it differently. Round 2 was entirely on the feet and Nate landed more significant strikes and was in control at the end of the round. Conor got the better of more than the first half, but usually taking control before the bell sounds is enough to steal the round. Yeah Nate got "knocked down", but they weren't regular knockdowns where a guy is in serious danger of being finished. He kind of just sat down and wasn't dizzy or anything when he got up.

Ha, "without the takedown it's a close round." OK, but there was a TD and you can't score it like there wasn't, or just omit things so you can score it differently. Round 2 was entirely on the feet and Nate landed more significant strikes and was in control at the end of the round. Conor got the better of more than the first half, but usually taking control before the bell sounds is enough to steal the round. Yeah Nate got "knocked down", but they weren't regular knockdowns where a guy is in serious danger of being finished. He kind of just sat down and wasn't dizzy or anything when he got up.

Don't take it literally....I am just pointing out to you how close the round was....the takedown will always be part of the scoring and thats the reason he won that round. Without it it was probably a drawn round.

Round 2 was not entirely on the feet...two KDs were scored....Conor scored the more significant shots.....the harder cleaner shots...and showed a better defence....he dominated four minutes...and was in a fight for the final minute when Nate put it on him with slaps.....you dont score a round on the final minute as you suggest...."enough to steal the round"...as you say is exactly what it is...a robbery if it occurs.

Don't take it literally....I am just pointing out to you how close the round was....the takedown will always be part of the scoring and thats the reason he won that round. Without it it was probably a drawn round.

Round 2 was not entirely on the feet...two KDs were scored....Conor scored the more significant shots.....the harder cleaner shots...and showed a better defence....he dominated four minutes...and was in a fight for the final minute when Nate put it on him with slaps.....you dont score a round on the final minute as you suggest...."enough to steal the round"...as you say is exactly what it is...a robbery if it occurs.
Well obviously the judges did give Conor the 2nd round, but Nate landed 37 significant strikes compared to Conor's 34 in a round that had no grappling. The knockdowns seem to have been the deciding factor. I'm only saying that scoring round 2 for Nate is a lot more reasonable than scoring round 5 for Conor. They each had 2 good rounds and 1 that wasn't as clear. I don't think round 3 was a 10-8, but it was certainly the most dominant round of the fight.

I don't think winning the end of a round implies a robbery. It means that 1 fighter was able to recover on his own and the other needed the bell to save him. It's why Pride so heavily emphasized the end of the fight, because it's more indicative of "who would win if time didn't run out".

Well obviously the judges did give Conor the 2nd round, but Nate landed 37 significant strikes compared to Conor's 34 in a round that had no grappling. The knockdowns seem to have been the deciding factor. I'm only saying that scoring round 2 for Nate is a lot more reasonable than scoring round 5 for Conor. They each had 2 good rounds and 1 that wasn't as clear. I don't think round 3 was a 10-8, but it was certainly the most dominant round of the fight.

I don't think winning the end of a round implies a robbery. It means that 1 fighter was able to recover on his own and the other needed the bell to save him. It's why Pride so heavily emphasized the end of the fight, because it's more indicative of "who would win if time didn't run out".

It's not Olympic boxing...a point for a tap on the scoreboard as was the old method....if you count a hard accurate power shot the same as a limp jab you are doing something wrong.

It was you who implied it was a robbery...I confirmed it....people try to steal rounds that way hoping the judges were not paying attention.

The knockdowns were a big factor but they weren't the deciding factor....unlike the takedown in round 5 which was the deciding factor in that round.

Back