The 2nd round wasn't even close, possibly even a 10-8 for Conor [SLOW MOTION CLIPS]

Master Wong

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
The second round was an absolute blowout for Conor. Anyone who possibly gives this round to Diaz, especially after seeing this post, is mentally ill. There's no possible way for a person of sound mind to look at the slow motion footage I'm about to present, and come away with the conclusion that Diaz won this round. Those that do so, have been fooled by roid head brain-pill addict Joe Rogan who seems to be having both auditory and visual hallucinations; shouting "OH! HE HURT HIM!" when a shot misses or a fighter slips, as well as remaining completely silent and failing to comment on actual haymakers that are landing, despite having a 1080p screen literally 10 inches from his face.

I have compiled all the landed strikes from both fighters in round 2. Yes, you don't see much Diaz in the following clips, because he barely landed anything. I'm being objective here, go back and watch the fight yourself and find a clean strike that landed that I've not included in this post.

The round begins with Conor landing a leg kick.

Conor lands a perfect left, drops Nate to the canvas.

Conor lands a left counter before knocking Nate down a second time.

Conor lands another leg kick.

Diaz lands a jab to the body as Conor lands a left counter.

Conor lands another leg kick.

Conor almost immediately lands ANOTHER leg kick.

Conor lands a right hook and another leg kick.

Nate lands another body jab but it is countered with the left from Conor like earlier in the round.

Left hand counter from Conor, Nate follows up with a body jab which is blocked.

Yet another left hand counter from Conor.

TWO hard leg kicks from Conor.

A combination from Nate, three shots are blocked but lands a clean left at the end.

Conor lands a HUGE elbow, I'm surprised more people aren't showing this clip, it's one of the biggest shots in the whole fight.

Nate blocks a liver shot from Conor, but Conor follows up by landing a leg kick.

Conor throws a leg kick, but gets caught with a stockton slap, knocking him off balance. Nate then follows up with a right, Conor dodges a couple of punches but Nate lands one more clean.

Pitter-patter punches in the clinch.

Nate misses a few, lands one clean, Conor counters, Nate follows up with another clean punch to Conor's face.

Two knees to the body from Conor.

Nate ends the round by landing a clean right hook.

As we can see from this footage, Conor not only knocked Nate down twice, but he landed the harder shots, and outstruck him in TRUE significant strikes by around 4 to 1. Fightmetric stats are bunk, as I have stated before. Under their rules, pitter patter punches in the clinch are the statistical equivalent of flush bombs to the jaw. This is ludicrous for obvious reasons.

Nate did land a few clean punches against the cage, but most missed or were blocked, and the ones that did land, were nowhere near as hard as the punches Conor landed in the round. Round 2 was not even close. If anything it was a 10-8 for Conor. Rogan's bad eyesight + incorrect commentary + hype + the noise from the crowd is NOT a substitute for actual effective striking.

If you catch someone trying to claim that "round 2 was close" or "Nate won round 2" or "Nate had him in loads of trouble against the cage" or "Conor was saved by the bell", please link them back to this post so they can be thoroughly owned by incontrovertible slow motion footage. The footage doesn't lie.

Haha Diaz won that round. He was getting lit up and it's a 10-8 for Conor??? Lmao

I have read a few people claiming that Nate beat Conor in 'significant strikes' in round 2 - anyone watching closely at what landed and what didn't should be able to see that this simply isn't true.

Evidence wont dissuade some fanatics though.

What these gifs really highlight is Conor's new defensive mastery. The way he blocks and casually & calmly redirects Nate's punches is impressive. The way he was avoiding stuff in the clinch is also a clear improvement.

Overall, a marked difference from the Conor with great offense but sloppy defense that we've seen in most of his UFC fights.

I've been saying this since the fight. I can see a 10-8 in round 1 or 2 before I could in 3. Theres just no way to take anyone seriously who thinks Diaz won round 2.

I have read a few people claiming that Nate beat Conor in 'significant strikes' in round 2 - anyone watching closely at what landed and what didn't should be able to see that this simply isn't true.

You mean evidence like an unbiased party whose sole job is to count significant strikes and post the statistics from the fights?

http://www.fightmetric.com/fight-details/648396cc751c730d
Surely this unbiased evidence will dissuade you from believing that Conor landed more significant strikes that round...that is if you're not some fanatic

I've been saying this since the fight. I can see a 10-8 in round 1 or 2 before I could in 3. Theres just no way to take anyone seriously who thinks Diaz won round 2.

Lol. You'd fit right in with most mma judges.

In slow motion you can really see the fear in Nate's eyes...

You mean evidence like an unbiased party whose sole job is to count significant strikes and post the statistics from the fights?

Surely this unbiased evidence will dissuade you from believing that Conor landed more significant strikes that round...that is if you're not some fanatic

Diaz barely landed anything? Alright

if landing 15 strikes more than Conor is barely anything.

So you trust Fightmetric more than your own eyes? <mma4>

Anybody listening to the commentary wouldn't have picked up on Diaz landing a load of bodyshots before McGregor suddenly started to gas, that's from a couple of mins into the round or earlier.

No way on earth was this a 10-8 round for McGregor.

So you trust Fightmetric more than your own eyes? <mma4>

No, when I watched the fight I saw Diaz land more strikes. Fightmetric confirms it.

I could hand pick gifs of only Diaz landing strikes and claim that Conor never got any knockdowns because my handpicked gifs didn't show it. And that would be as factual as this thread is.

No, when I watched the fight I saw Diaz land more strikes. Fightmetric confirms it.

I could hand pick gifs of only Diaz landing strikes and claim that Conor never got any knockdowns because my handpicked gifs didn't show it. And that would be as factual as this thread is.
Ok, go ahead then and handpick the gifs that show Diaz landing strikes that aren't included in TS's post. <7>

The problem is fightmetric and their utterly ludicrous policy of classifying basically any contact at all as a "significant strike". So now we end up with completely padded out statistics where one fighter lands about 10 pitter patter punches in the clinch, compared to the opponent who lands 5 flush bombs on their chin, yet now the pitter-patter's fanboys are posting fightmetric stats saying how their fighter "outstruck" the opponent.

It's the same in this fight. Nate did land a few good shots, but when it comes to ACTUAL significant strikes, he was massively outstruck.

HOW ABOUT DEFENDING THE BELT HE WON!? Lol... He should probably do that next since there's an interim champ and a fighter who has 9 straight wins in the division since losing to said champ...

10-8 is reserve for near finish, but that's personal opinion.

All you have to do is look at the top poll that's sticked. It's literally 55% Connor, 30-something % Diaz, and the rest a tie. Then again, In my book, getting choked the fuck out and finished scores a few more points than winning what I would consider a damn near draw decision... call me crazy.

"LETS DO IT AGAIN -- LET'S DO IT AGAIN"

Motherfucker, give up your 145 belt or at least defend it one time. I got no problem with Diaz and Connor fighting until they are senior citizens.

Problem is, Connor, you ain't a champ of shit until you defend at your own weight class. (OH BUT HE ALREADY DESTROYED EVERYONE!!! BLA BLA!) You found a WW (who really isn't a WW) who wants to stand with you, trade with you, talk smack with you -- and get paid. GOOD JOB! Defending a belt, winning titles is more impressive than any of this bullshit.

TLDR : Defend the belt where yer champ, and I could give a fuck less about fighting a ww (har har LW) and holding up the division. I'm sure fight #3 will happen, but by the time Connor defends even 1 time, it will have been a fucking year for that division. UFC is stupid for that logic, but excels on making money off it (point and example being 1/2 of the main page threads being about connor or diaz).

Moronic

Back