Well, Miocic vs. Reem is coming up soon...

Kyler Ruxin

Immunized
@Silver
Reaction score
I usually just comment on other people's threads, but since none are getting made... any opinions on this fight? Kind of a big one. Reem has been awesome as of late, slimmed down, USADA approved, playing great defense and still knocking mother fuckers out. Stipe has been a beast himself, putting Werdum out cold quickly, beating the shit out of Hunt, and even in losing, having an incredible fight against JDS. So who takes this? I'm going with Stipe. I think they both fight a smart technical fight, but I think he finds a way to land a good straight to Reem's chin, and then finishes him off with some ground and pound. I wouldn't bet on it though, this one seems like a toss up to me, because Reem is always one hit away from putting his opponent down.

I usually just comment on other people's threads, but since none are getting made... any opinions on this fight? Kind of a big one. Reem has been awesome as of late, slimmed down, USADA approved, playing great defense and still knocking mother fuckers out. Stipe has been a beast himself, putting Werdum out cold quickly, beating the shit out of Hunt, and even in losing, having an incredible fight against JDS. So who takes this? I'm going with Stipe. I think they both fight a smart technical fight, but I think he finds a way to land a good straight to Reem's chin, and then finishes him off with some ground and pound. I wouldn't bet on it though, this one seems like a toss up to me, because Reem is always one hit away from putting his opponent down.
I agree about Overeem. He's way more focused on technique than he is about overpowering his opponent ever since he got off the horse meat. With that said I'd have to say he takes stipe in this fight, has too diverse of striking and only really has to worry about Stipe's hands.

With Reem's chin this one is really a toss up. But Overeem really improved himself, and his chin survived JDS, Nelson and Arlovski in a row, so this should count for something.

I think Overeem will tag him with a couple of hard leg/body kicks in the first round and get the TKO in the second round. Stipe hasn't faced someone that can kick and strike like Overeem.

This fight's a toss up for me. Not really a fan of Stipe although he's a badass and I respect his skills. I reckon he ko's Reem but i suppose all I can ask for is it at least lasts until the 2nd round.

Hopefully Reem is careful not to get too wild or gas himself out or Stipe will put him to sleep

Very hard to predict.

On one hand Reem has a notoriously unreliable chin.

On the other hand he's also capable of knocking anyone out in an instance even if they have good chins (like JDS).

Miocic has been on a terrific upward trajectory and he's been improving by leaps and bounds but there might still be a huge gap between his and Overeem's stand-up.

Intuition says that Reem is going to sleep.

I got Stipe in the 3rd round by Cleveland Steamer. Oh wait, just remembered what that is...Stipe in the 3rd TKO.

Super excited for this one. Reem's time is now!

RD2 (T)KO as he predicts.

I have a feeling that Overeem will win and do so with relative ease.

Stipe will come in there, find Reem's chin, and the sound of glass shattering will be heard like Stone Cold just entered the room.

Stone Cold Stipe for the win.

Last edited:
Stipe is going to sleep.
And NEW UFC Heavyweight Champion....

As long as Stipe doesn't get raked in the eye he's going to give Reem an old fashioned beatdown.

Im getting my Overeem avatar ready so I can join in with the 17er bandwagon. Time to move on from these Conor 16ers imo.

Too difficult to predict. Overeem is technically better everywhere, but he has a lot of mileage and he doesn't take punches well. Stipe is not as refined, but he is compact, tough, younger and powerful. He has the durability, grit and skill to end Overeem quickly. Will it happen, or will Overeem be able to impose himself with his superior repertoire first?

Again, too hard to say for me. I'm picking Overeem by TKO, round 1.

Head says Stipe. Heart says Reem.

And it doesn't even make sense, since Reem is such an asshole.

But the heart often makes no sense...

No one can stop the Reem - Jackson/Winkeljohn combo!!!!

Back