*Maia Vs Condit: Who gets it and how?*

Seiryoku Zenyo

We are all one
@Brown
Reaction score
Could Maia get a sub over Condit?

Could Condit get a TKO over Maia?

Who would get the decisión?

Condit has all the tools to beat Maia up. Would be interesting to see how Condit deals with Maia's ground game.

3 round fight advantage Maia.

5 round fight advantage Condit.

I see Condit via dec or late tko.

It's a 5 round fight which I think favors Condit. Condit doesn't get subbed easily, and if Maia can't get it in the first 3, he his toast. And that's if Condit can't get to him with far superior striking even earlier than that.

You think Condit can defend that td for five rounds??

<24>

Will admit I thought of the fight as a three rounder. Thanks for the reminder.
Still gonna have to go with a Condit decision though. Perfect fight for a Jackson game plan.

2mzz9nd.gif

:>

Fans will be the winners. Great old school style vs style matchup.

Condit is great off his back but Meia is too good at jiu jitsu, I have him by submission RNC

People seem to forget that Maia has only been knocked out once and that was from a one punch KO by Marquardt. He has also taken down everyone he's fought at WW multiple times.

I love this fight, Intuitively I want to pick Condit by TKO.
But man Maia is arguably THE best grappler in MMA, his wrestling is underrated by many and his BJJ is impeccable.

Being a main event, i think Condit takes it.
Maia is getting older and has had some trouble with cardio.

IMO Condits TDD is the deciding factor, is it good enough to tire out Maia over time.

People seem to forget that Maia has only been knocked out once and that was from a one punch KO by Marquardt. He has also taken down everyone he's fought at WW multiple times.
So condit ko

I picture Carlos using the Nick Diaz game plan. Staying on the outside, keep a high moving pace, try and tire Maia out. Look for a late TKO/KO, mostly likely Dec though. That being said I'm pulling for a second or third round sub by Maia. Imo he deserves to win the belt, if only briefly.

I don't think Maia finishes Condit. I love Maia, but the guy's finishing rate isn't wildly impressive. I think Condit can keep him away, hurt him and tire Maia out.

I can see both guys winning two rounds, and one being split.

If I had to, I would put money on Condit.

Condit TKO due to strikes on the ground, 4th round

Maia won't sub him, but will take a ton of abuse while on top. Maia tires late in the fight and Condit pulls a switch or gets top on a scramble and pounds him out in violent fashion.

You think Condit can defend that td for five rounds??

perhaps he won't need to defend for 5 rounds. would be a bad gameplan to just be on the defensive. maybe all it takes is an offensive avalanche of violence for a few rounds to get the W.

Back