Do you see anyone on the current roster becoming big enough to sell a million ppv's?

it is what it is

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Aside from Conor, Rousey, or a returning GSP, do you see anyone on the UFC roster with the potential to get big enough to get to a million. Ppv's?

If anyone could actually become a dominant heavy weight champ. Even the casuals will shell out when there is a giant knocking people out left and right.

2 of the fighters you said doesn't even fight.

Good thing they have Conor.

If anyone could actually become a dominant heavy weight champ. Even the casuals will shell out when there is a giant knocking people out left and right.
What was the most Cain sold?....I think Brock is the only heavyweight to do so, and that was mainly of his WWE popularity

Besides Nate ?

Maybe wonderboy.
You think Wonderboy could get there? I almost feel that his low key, and respectful attitude would work against him, though it did work for GSP, but he had mist of Canada

Nate and Nick depending on the opponent.

Cormier vs jones 2 will sell a million whenever it happens.

Bisping could possibly he has a way to build a rivalry with every opponent if he has a 3 or 4 fight title run I could see him selling a million ppvs eventually

What was the most Cain sold?....I think Brock is the only heavyweight to do so, and that was mainly of his WWE popularity
Yea but Cain was never a dominant heavyweight champ, and neither was anyone else. Nobody has ever defended the heavyweight belt 3 times. I'm talking about someone that holds the heavyweight belt for 5-10 fights, something that has never come close to happening. I think that would draw a lot of fans, as long as they were exciting fights and/or big finishes.

With all the positive buzz generated by 202 we should expect the average PPV cards to increase anyway even without the "superstars"

I think his fighting, if it continues the way it's going, will do most of the talking.

Welterweight is too much of a shark tank for any 1 champion to go on a long run

Yea but Cain was never a dominant heavyweight champ, and neither was anyone else. Nobody has ever defended the heavyweight belt 3 times. I'm talking about someone that holds the heavyweight belt for 5-10 fights, something that has never come close to happening. I think that would draw a lot of fans, as long as they were exciting fights and/or big finishes.
Cain also fought less than once a year, so yeah not a great example. If Overeem hadn't failed his drugs test after the Lesnar fight and carried on the way he was going he'd have definitely done a million by now

If Rumble won the belt and UFC gave him proper marketing, I could see him doing well. The man is a mma Iron Mike.

If they got Michael Page and gave him stylistic gimmes, he could be molded into a big draw too.

Cain also fought less than once a year, so yeah not a great example. If Overeem hadn't failed his drugs test after the Lesnar fight and carried on the way he was going he'd have definitely done a million by now
Yea he still has a chance for sure. Giant alpha that knocks people out with a variety of things. JDS had a chance if he didn't hit the Cain roadblock. If Black beast or N'gamannu(way off on spelling I know) could ever get to be dominant, they'd sell huge. Seriously, if any heavyweight goes on a big title run of at least 5 defenses, they will probably be the most popular MMA fighter in the world, as long as they aren't doing it by wrestling guys to the ground and holding them there.

FERGUSON_TONY.png

Yea he still has a chance for sure. Giant alpha that knocks people out with a variety of things. JDS had a chance if he didn't hit the Cain roadblock. If Black beast or N'gamannu(way off on spelling I know) could ever get to be dominant, they'd sell huge. Seriously, if any heavyweight goes on a big title run of at least 5 defenses, they will probably be the most popular MMA fighter in the world, as long as they aren't doing it by wrestling guys to the ground and holding them there.

Cain still could of been huge after the JDS roadblock. It's the inactivity and injuries that really killed his star power

Cain still could of been huge after the JDS roadblock. It's the inactivity and injuries that really killed his star power
I agree. It's the same thing with any heavyweight really, they all hit some road block.

Man that's tough. First I saw Conor fight was against Holloway and I knew this dude could be big. I didn't know how big. But since then there hasn't been someone that's come along during the prelims to catch my eye like that. Possibilities could be "no-love" or Vannata?

Man that's tough. First I saw Conor fight was against Holloway and I knew this dude could be big. I didn't know how big. But since then there hasn't been someone that's come along during the prelims to catch my eye like that. Possibilities could be "no-love" or Vannata?

Can they talk? Connor got himself over by his mouth and his swagger.

Back