Looks like Artem hurt his leg too using leg kicks

I think that's the reason leg kicks fighters barely fights.

Expect Barboza.

those dudes need to go to thailand and kick some banana trees. toughen up them shins and feet.

I think that's the reason leg kicks fighters barely fights.

Expect Barboza.
Well you can't just go in there and leg kick a ton.
Aldo, Cowboy and Barboza have seriously conditioned chins, plus craft to their lowkicking game, you would rarely see them getting injured from kicking or even checking (exception being José breaking his foot on KZ chin spike, but that was brutal).
It's clear that it was a new thing for Conor, and props for him to still making it work.

When you first start I imagine your gonna get hurt. These dudes are new leg kickers.

Either way. Keep it up. Its a part of MMA and a good tool to have against heavy hitters when your tired. Or anytime really.

This is what happens when Karate-Boxers use Muay Thai kicks lol.

Honestly what does this say about Caesar Gracie camp that a a couple of Karate-Boxers from Ireland known for the lack of Muay Thai trainers in their camp can suddenly add basic low kicks to their arsenal and land them all-night on your fighters.

What a shitty camp, geez.

So fucking ridiculous.

Well you can't just go in there and leg kick a ton.
Aldo, Cowboy and Barboza have seriously conditioned chins, plus craft to their lowkicking game, you would rarely see them getting injured from kicking or even checking (exception being José breaking his foot on KZ chin spike, but that was brutal).
It's clear that it was a new thing for Conor, and props for him to still making it work.

Tell me you don't think Larkin doesn't have just as good kicks as those you mentioned.

Fighters fuck they legs because they hit with full power with they shin on another shin. It happens.

Artem is still the least deserving fighter who's in the UFC,the guys a joke

Throwing leg kicks is the MMA equivalent of playing bloody knuckles.

those dudes need to go to thailand and kick some banana trees. toughen up them shins and feet.

This. I don't think many people, including many professional fighters, realize the conditioning required to use leg kicks efficiently.

Tell me you don't think Larkin doesn't have just as good kicks as those you mentioned.

Fighters fuck they legs because they hit with full power with they shin on another shin. It happens.
Larkin was going for calf kicks that are notoriously more dangerous for the kicker though, but yes it happens. I'm just saying it's more dangerous when you're not used to it.

This. I don't think many people, including many professional fighters, realize the conditioning required to use leg kicks efficiently.

Or fire john kavanagh and hire the great xian chow

Last edited:
The only thing he hurt was my eyes with that god awful fight.

Artem did a number on Avila's leg. He made that skinny fella look he'd been doing one legged squats while taking blue thai boner potion.

Those leg kicks from Artem were brutal. He really chewed Avila's leg up by the end of the fight.

SBG chopped down the 209 tree that night.

Back