Rumor: Weidman vs. Whitaker at UFC 205

Haven't heard anything, I feel like Weidman would wreck him though.

It would be such a disappointing matchup. The only thing more.important than a win at MSG is a respectable opponent at MSG (no disrespect to Whittaker.... he's not far away).

Man forrest whitaker already got a fucked up eye, he dont need weidman beating in the other one.

It's possible, give The Chris a tuneup fight against a middle of the road (but dangerous) fighter.

Should be Luke Rockhold but i imagine the UFC wants to give Chris a fight he can win at home.

Well I hope not, that's a shitty fight.

Weidman just isn't the same fighter since the IV ban. I think he was one who really needed it.

Man forrest whitaker already got a fucked up eye, he dont need weidman beating in the other one.
200_s.gif

It would be such a disappointing matchup. The only thing more.important than a win at MSG is a respectable opponent at MSG (no disrespect to Whittaker.... he's not far away).

The UFC brass would absolutely want the local dude to have a win in their first MSG show ever.

Wow you guys really think Weidman would just run thru Whittaker like nothing??

Lol come on now yeah that fight doesn't really make sense, yeah Chris would probably win & most definitely be the betting favorite but that is definitely not a gimmie fight for him.

The UFC brass would absolutely want the local dude to have a win in their first MSG show ever.
Definitely, but the card needs to be strong too. I suppose Weidman can fight Whittaker, but it won't be main or co-main.

Normally yea, but this is New York. It would almost be like needing a Vegas guy to win in Vegas. This is just a place that should be able to sell out big fights regardless where anyone on the card is from.

I love watching Whittaker fight and he is a great prospect, but this would be bad match making in my opinion. I feel that Weidman is a top 3 middleweight who should be fighting title elimination bouts or for the title. Robert Whittaker's last win was against Rafael Natal. Natal is a solid gatekeeper with a well rounded style but I don't feel that he has merited a top 3 opponent yet. Whittaker is a top 10 fighter for sure and perhaps he may not feel incentive fighting someone under his rank, but I'd like to see him get a more substantial win personally. From a skill standpoint, I don't deny Whittaker's chances to prove himself as a title contender, but I feel he hasn't quite earned it yet, despite his impressive streak since getting knocked out against Thompson.

Back