Conor Made Diaz Gas in Stand up

Mixedfights

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Rewatched for the first (and only) time. Same conclusion. Conor 1-2-4.

The thing I noticed this time was yes Conor once again gassed at the end of round 2. Those shots he mostly slipped but he was tired. Diaz took round 3 but Conor did as well in the clinch and took some solid shots at the end. He was gassed as hell.

Diaz in the 4th laid his head on Conors shoulder many times. He was tired. Sometimes without punches being thrown.

Anyways, that right slip and left overhand saved Conor in that fight. Everytime Diaz saw him tire Conor had that solid shot to keep him at bay for a little while.

Both men battled a fight of endurance. That right slip and left shot won Conor the fight. Otherwise Diaz would have been able to push more and win.

All I care about this fight is how bad Conor made Nate look in the early rounds. I don't care what happens when Conor gassed, even if he won another round.

Dropped the best chin out there from MW to LW 3 times.

I can't wait to know what he will do to that dude who have the LW belt. Another first round finish coming.

All I care about this fight is how bad Conor made Nate look in the early rounds. I don't care what happens when Conor gassed, even if he won another round.

Dropped the best chin out there from MW to LW 3 times.

I can't wait to know what he will do to that dude who have the LW belt. Another first round finish coming.

Nate gets dropped all the time.

Nate was more visibly tired than we've ever seen but I think he just used a little too much gas trying to finish him in the 10-8 third round.

Nate gassed himself out in the third round is what I saw. Maybe some of those body shots from the first 2 rounds had something to do with it but he smelled blood and went for a knockout

The blood in Nate's eyes had as much if not more to do with Conor's comeback than any other factor tho. He had a lot of trouble gauging distance and even when they clinched up Nate's inactivity had a lot do with his inability to see clearly imo.

Never was 3 times in a fight before. And he fought fighters like Rory at WW.

I don't record every knockdown in a notebook to know for sure, but I'm pretty confident RDA and Benson both did it more than 3 times.

I don't record every knockdown in a notebook to know for sure, but I'm pretty confident RDA and Benson both did it more than 3 times.

There is just a thread about it. A dude was watching all Nate fights and he got dropped 2 times in Benson fight and once in the RDA fight.

And that is what I remember as well.

Nate only had one leg to stand on. Credit to Conor for throwing those kicks, but I have no doubt Nate being "dropped" had a lot to do with having only one leg.

Yep. Nate was visibly tired by round four I guess.

Conor needs to work on his gas though. The running strategy is good to catch a breath but against some other killers in 155 it won't be enough.

The blood in Nate's eyes had as much if not more to do with Conor's comeback than any other factor tho. He had a lot of trouble gauging distance and even when they clinched up Nate's inactivity had a lot do with his inability to see clearly imo.

Dont forget no cabo,trained to long,was injured,unfair that conor wouldnt follow him to the ground for reasons on why he didnt win

I think we don't talk enough about what a great fight it was and how much heart both guys showed. Everyone is too caught up in who won what round and all that. Which is understandable. It's Sherdog. But man what an awesome fight.

Yep. Nate was visibly tired by round four I guess.

Conor needs to work on his gas though. The running strategy is good to catch a breath but against some other killers in 155 it won't be enough.

I was listening to firas and he was saying that conor needs to learn how to recover while the action is going on rather then just in between rounds.Which makes sense as when you watch cruz he is taking deep breathes in the 1st minute to try and get as much oxygen as he can.

Dude needs a better cutman

Conor needs to do triathlons to hang with diaz. Fact is they are machines and could go 10 rounds. Very few others Conor needs to worry about having cardio like that. Conduit which is out of his weight class and then I'm not sure all slow.

Then you have issue that 90% of fighters would have been KOed by shit Conor landed on nate. I mean he was fucked up.

At this point i'm not buying conor need more cardio. More important things to work on. TDD #1.

I think we don't talk enough about what a great fight it was and how much heart both guys showed. Everyone is too caught up in who won what round and all that. Which is understandable. It's Sherdog. But man what an awesome fight.

There was a few threads after the fight stating how good of a fight it was.It was truly epic it has everything u want in a fight.Fighter A dominates and nearly finishes fighter B,fighter B rallies and then pours it on fighter A and it feels live it may be the end,Fighter A rallies and wins the fight.I hope the trilogy will be for the 155 belt

There was a few threads after the fight stating how good of a fight it was.It was truly epic it has everything u want in a fight.Fighter A dominates and nearly finishes fighter B,fighter B rallies and then pours it on fighter A and it feels live it may be the end,Fighter A rallies and wins the fight.I hope the trilogy will be for the 155 belt
Agreed. Very fun fight regardless of who won. Both guys deserve a ton of respect. And yeah a third fight for the belt would be epic.

Back