The :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:s in McGregor's armour we've seen so far, potential problem(s) at LW.

TheShockmaster

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
  1. Cardio - both Diaz fights
  2. Staying on his feet vs a top level wrestler - Mendes
  3. His ground game - First Diaz fight, Duffy and Sitenkov
  4. Fighters who are taller than him - First Diaz fight and Duffy (slightly)
Despite all this, I still see McGregor beating most of the Lightweight division, because stylistically he doesn't match up that bad vs most of the division. I would favour him vs Alvarez. There is however one fight that based on the above, I just cannot for the life of me see how he wins other than a flash KO.

NURMAGOMEDOV_KHABIB.png

The guy will do what he wants with him on the ground, is taller and doesn't seem to get tired. Absolute nightmare match up for McGregor.

lol at Sherdog censoring ch!nks even when not used in a racial context.

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Schlemiel! Schlimazel! Hasenpfeffer Incorporated,"

If Conor is wearing Armour, its made of glass. He loses to Top 5 LWs

Despite all this, I still see McGregor beating most of the Lightweight division, because stylistically he doesn't match up that bad vs most of the division. I would favour him vs Alvarez. There is however one fight that based on the above, I just cannot for the life of me see how he wins other than a flash KO.

NURMAGOMEDOV_KHABIB.png

The guy will do what he wants with him on the ground, is taller and doesn't seem to get tired. Absolute nightmare match up for McGregor.

Khabib has a baby reach.

Conor would counter him while he is trying to get close to Conor.

Now I think you're right, but Conor ground and wrestling are in fact good. Mendes was short noti ce and Conor didn't have time to prepare to his wrestling. Every other fight he did show great TDD, and his TDD in the Mendes fight was good too since he did stuff 3 TDs.

Khabib is a bad fight, then there is like 2 or 3 other close fights in LW division, the rest is Conor by first round finish.

If Conor is wearing Armour, its made of glass. He loses to Top 5 LWs

Oddly I favour him the most vs Alvarez out of everyone in the top 5 even though he's champion. Eddie gets dropped almost every fight and is likely to just stand there in front of McGregor. He's also the same height. He could have some trouble with Ferguson. The thought of Barboza and McGregor teeing off on each other is incredible.

Looks like you're stuttering in the thread title

I always laugh when people bring up how amazing Khabib is as if that's the problem with him

We all know he's great. But who cares since he NEVER fights

NURMAGOMEDOV_KHABIB.png

Potential problems at LW is him not giving a shit to fight at LW or ever anywhere after collecting $ after 202 lol

lol at Sherdog censoring ch!nks even when not used in a racial context.
I know! That phrase I've used several times too...only to get censored! Nothing Asian about the comments dammit! So much for our amendment rights.

We should all want to see Cerrone vs McGregor imo. Don't think Conor would have an easy time with that fight. Got to do something about that FW belt tho.

Can we at least write raccoon now? It used to be rac****.

EDIT: Looks like we can. Very nais!

Lets see if he cant even beat 1 LW before saying most.

IMO the wrestlers would all have way with him due to size as they are all bigger than him as opposed to Mendes who is not only smaller than Conor but had no camp and was hunting buffalo and drinking Coors and still humiliated him until he gassed

Barbosa RDA and the other strikers I'd 50/50 Conor.

Conor is an average LW at best. And he, more than anybody, knows this. Hence why he starved himself to make FW and beat up on little guys.

Had he started off as a LW in his UFC career, he probably would have been cut by now.

Something tells me if this fight is ever made it will be on very short notice for Khabib.

Back