Since when the Diaz bros are that "great"? Lol

migeru29

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Lol no fighter bashing the Diaz bros are really cool and their style is likeable but since when they are that great? Nate lost a bunch of times and you can make all the excuses you want but a real skilful and we'll rounded fighter can't just lose this many times. Same applies to Nick but less. It seems that after Nate put a beating to Conor people started talking about them a lot more than ever before.

They are tough, hardworking athletes with great cardio but not prodigies not even close. Nick is the guy who lost to Karo, Sanchez, etc was getting beat by a much smaller Gomi and got totally dominated by GSP. And as for Nate don't even get me started

I think what they are more than anything
is original
and very entertaining

They're arguably the toughest out in MMA and a tough fight for virtually anyone if they fight to the Diaz's style, but other than that they're not top 5.

Now if MMA didn't have rounds or time limits, that might be a different story

He's fun to watch as long as someone doesn't start throwing leg kicks at him.

Nate has a finish over McGregor and a dominating wins over Cerrone and Johnskn. 3 pretty impressive accomplishments.

Because they are the measuring stick for other top strikers

Nate is elite and top 5 when he actually is training and not complaining about his pay like he was back in his fights against Thompson and RDA.

Nick I'm not sure. Don't remember him beating a top 5 fighter.

Nate is elite and top 5 when he actually is training and not complaining about his pay like he was back in his fights against Thompson and RDA.

Nick I'm not sure. Don't remember him beating a top 5 fighter.
Nate only complained and sat out before fighting RDA not Thomson. He beat Maynard in between those fights.

I think because they've been around a long time. And Nick being StrikeForce WW champ gives him allure as well. Someone else noted that Nate has dominant wins over Cerrone, McGregor, and Johnson. But overall, I hear what you are saying.

Nate is one of the five best fighters in the deepest division in the sport.

Only the dumbest motherfuckers think he isn't elite.

Their wins are always far more impressive than their opponents wins over them, which is something that has to be taken into consideration a big amount. No reason to just check wikipedia to see what a fighter is about, and when you really watch the Diaz bros I think it's clear to see they are both extremely good, if not great fighters.

they are great at putting on some awesome fights. they have some sick cardio and amazing BJJ fun to watch.

Nate only complained and sat out before fighting RDA not Thomson. He beat Maynard in between those fights.

You might be right but that shit was long ago so who knows. Nate didn't looked happy and the Thompson fight was after a layoff.

It's because all of the potheads on this site can relate to one aspect of their lifestyle

They are tough, hardworking athletes with great cardio but not prodigies not even close. Nick is the guy who lost to Karo, Sanchez, etc was getting beat by a much smaller Gomi and got totally dominated by GSP. And as for Nate don't even get me started

If you're going to bring up his losses to Karo Parisyan or Diego, shouldn't you also mention that he beat the former MW champion of the world?

The problem with the Diaz brothers has always been when they've fought guys who can exploit those decided weaknesses in their games. (Both can't wrestle, and both don't protect from leg kicks.)

They're good when others think they could scrap with them. If you play their game you have a good chance at losing.

Their wins are always far more impressive than their opponents wins over them, which is something that has to be taken into consideration a big amount. No reason to just check wikipedia to see what a fighter is about, and when you really watch the Diaz bros I think it's clear to see they are both extremely good, if not great fighters.

That's also right but GSP dominated Nick.

That's also right but GSP dominated Nick.
Not really, I'd say controlled him is more accurate. He couldn't pass guard or do any real damage at all, but both guys were actually kind of scuffed up because of their scar tissue and because GSP gets busted up by barely getting hit somehow lol but I mean, I guess someone would call controlling someone a very good amount domination. Idk if I would though, Nick stopped a decent amount of takedowns at least, and landed a few good strikes on the feet here and there.

Bunch of 30 year old men running around giving the 'rude finger'.
I don't get it.

Nate has a finish over McGregor and a dominating wins over Cerrone and Johnskn. 3 pretty impressive accomplishments.
Well thats good but having 11 loses does not make him in any way a HOFer...put him in against a wrestler or leg striker and he cries that his opponent will not let him just punch them. He punches like a girl but has a great chin and cardio and BJJ. Top ten fighter but never Championship material.

Back