Cruz should use his Fox anchor position to demand a shot at Conor at FW

ralphus1

It's hard to be a saint in the city
@Gold
Reaction score
Conor doesn't seem interested in defending the FW belt because he's already beaten the top challengers. But if Cruz moved up to 145 for a champion vs champion fight, it would sell more than Conor-Aldo 2 or Cruz-Garbrandt. Plus Cruz would earn a huge purse to make up for all the money he lost out on while injured.

Cruz can keep up with Conor on the mic and in the Octagon, and should be demanding this fight every time he's on Fox as an analyst. Nate got two fights and two big paydays asking for this fight, Cruz should do the same.

They wont give it to him. He's too much of an injury risk to hold 2 belts and presents to much of a risk of making Conor look like an amateur for 5 rounds. A smaller man moving up to fight a bigger man (the UFC and Conor made that out to seem like a huge, courageous feat and to excuse a shitty controversial and not decisive MD win). It is perfectly conceivable that the smaller man moves up and toys with Conor for 5 rounds - imagine how awful that would be for Conor and his stock...

You Conor vs Aldo and Dom vs Cody on the same card to build towards it.

Conor vs Dom/Cody are both money.

I dont think it works that way.

WHHHHAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTT da F u smokin', son?! Give me dat CBD!

Conor would sell more vs my right nut opposed to Cruz vs anything/anyone/even Ali.

Cruz will never go up in weight. His bouncing around style would tire him quickly.

Can Cruz even beat Aldo?

How does it make sense for Cruz to fight Conor before he fights DJ/Aldo?

Conor isnt going back to FW. Aldo needs to fight Holloway for the title, then Cruz should move up to fight the winner

Seems pretty clear Conor doesnt want to go back to 145. He laid waste to that division.

Although I highly doubt he will be able to do the same thing at 155

Cruz Should be rematching TJ IMO.
I agree with the 100%. I thought TJ won that fight. Cruz wants to fight anyone not named TJ, as he gave him the hardest fight in his carer sine that early loss to Faber

Cruz Should be rematching TJ IMO.

Agreed totally for DJ's sake, and another title vs title fight and more $$$ for each guy.

Talk about cleaning out a division, only Dodson came close to beating him and DJ dominated the rematch.

How does it make sense for Cruz to fight Conor before he fights DJ/Aldo?

Two reasons: champ vs champ, and $$$.

Aldo is just an interim champ for the moment and has never drawn tickets or PPV buys.

Cruz knows Conor is where the money is.

Two reasons: champ vs champ, and $$$.

Aldo is just an interim champ for the moment and has never drawn tickets or PPV buys.

Cruz knows Conor is where the money is.

Lmao you want to fuck over Aldo even more? You got a grudge against Brazilians or something?

You know how interim titles work right?

Agreed totally for DJ's sake, and another title vs title fight and more $$$ for each guy.

Talk about cleaning out a division, only Dodson came close to beating him and DJ dominated the rematch.

I won't argue with you because I would love to see that rermatch as well, but I'm talking about TJ Dillishaw.

Their first fight was a controversial split decision and Dillishaw was supposed to be next in line if he beat Assuncao, which he did.

I hate to see a champion lose a belt via split decision and I think that there is some unfinished business there.

Last edited:
If Faber dropped Cruz i'm sure Conor would do much much worse.

I agree with the 100%. I thought TJ won that fight. Cruz wants to fight anyone not named TJ, as he gave him the hardest fight in his carer sine that early loss to Faber

I like Cruz a hell of a lot more than TJ but I agree that Cruz seems to want to avoid him now.

Back