Will Dana play hardball or pattycakes over Conor and the FW division?

7forever

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I think Conor drops the belt and moves forward to beat the bellator champion.

He'll do whatever Ari says. Just like he used to do when Lorenzo spoke.

It sounds to me like Dana will play hardball. Conor will actually defend the title for the first time or he will be stripped.

They should do anything Conor wants.

They have no stars left but Conor.

I think McGregor-Aldo II is a much more attractive PPV buy than McGregor-Alvarez. I'd personally rather see the 2nd of these fights, but I think the former has a broader appeal.

A champion that doesn't defend is belt is not much of a champion, and its not like Conor is the best fighter in the UFC anyways the only reason why he has pull is because of casuals. Once Conor is gone the UFC wont die with him. New people will take up the "popularity" mantle

I mean this guy is good but he is blown out of proportions SO much its not even funny. Both Diaz fights where freak shows, and where clearly a waste of time. Defend your belt or shut up.

I was happy when they took him out of 200 just to show him they where not going to bend over to all his desires. Aldo has the interim belt if he is such a non issue like all his fans are saying then he should just smash him and solidify his position, then defend his belt vs all the people that want to take it away from him. I refuse to give that guy the GOAT status with the wins he's got on his record. Defend your belt and stop flapping your gums. I remember when UFC champions would actually defend their belts. it was awesome.

They can promote like crazy that two different division champions face off for one belt.

They will do what makes the most money, neither Conor nor Dana care about belts, money talks

Dana won't back down now that's it's a public issue. Conor will fight Aldo next or vacate. Didn't you guys learn anything from UFC 200? You don't win a public game of chicken with the UFC.

The Brazilian market is important for the UFC, Aldo is representing that market, I guess Dana will try to pressure Conor to fight Aldo but I think Conor is not interested in fighting him. Conor is holding on to that belt for the two division champion goal. As a big Conor fan, I have no problem if UFC strips Conor of his belt, his rivalry v's Aldo is stale and boring. Conor's future is in 155 and there are lots of interesting fights waiting for him there.

They should do anything Conor wants.

They have no stars left but Conor.

Only because they're dumbasses for not promoting fighters that are actually good. Dana put all his chips behind a marginal fighter with a giant mouth.

It sounds to me like Dana will play hardball. Conor will actually defend the title for the first time or he will be stripped.
I too think he'll play hardball, but I can see McGregor dropping the belt and taking the LW shot if push comes to shove. He would just talk mad shit of his old division saying they play with a fake belt, because nobody beat him and he's the real champion.

Now, if Dana strong-armed him by saying that he wouldn't get an immediate shot at Eddie if he vacates the belt, that would be some hardcore stuff.

Now, if Dana strong-armed him by saying that he wouldn't get an immediate shot at Eddie if he vacates the belt, that would be some hardcore stuff.

I say let Conor work his way up the ladder and EARN a LW title shot, if he can. If Conor won't defend the FW title then book him against Khabib. Now that would be some hardcore stuff.

I too think he'll play hardball, but I can see McGregor dropping the belt and taking the LW shot if push comes to shove. He would just talk mad shit of his old division saying they play with a fake belt, because nobody beat him and he's the real champion.

Conor can say what he wants, but the reality is no matter how impressive his win over Aldo, he's not acting like a champion. You can't just carry the belt around and not defend it. Stipe is defending his belt in sept. Alavarez will defend his by end of the year. It's been 9 months, he's gotta stop living off that KO of Aldo and defend his belt. He could've beat Aldo and Frankie by this time, then had some leeway to fight up. But you can't just not defend it at all cause "you're not interested" in the top contenders.
Should be interesting. Can't wait the second "I'm retired" tweet.

Back