Why do the UFC want Jones to fight for number 1-contender fight?

dragonsfly

----------------------------
Banned
Reaction score
I think they want him out or just defeated at all cost. 1.first from the test but it proved he was innocent and then again giving him number 1 contender fight and he has never lost his title or interim title.

So the question is why do you have him on contract if you don't like the guy that much. I think them offering him contender fight is disrespectful towards him.

If I were him i would not take such offers that is downgrading my brand and image. I would rather find a way out of my contract or just invest my money in other things and retire for good

Jones fan here, he needs to earn a TS by beating Gus again or a top 5 guy

I'm sick of his shit

It makes the most sense?

He just got stripped for a second time after a lackluster performance and violating the usada rules.

DC and Rumble fought
DC and Jones fought
Jones and Rumble have not fought yet

Because he's a trainwreck at this point, and needs to prove he isn't a bad risk as a headliner.

Uh, because he fucking blew his chance at redeeming himself and taking the gold again at a little-hyped event known as UFC: TWO HUNDRED???

He just got stripped for a second time after a lackluster performance and violating the usada rules.

He didn't do anything wrong. You can test positive for food forget about other things. His innocent

His only win in the last 18 months was a weak decision over OSP

There is absolutely no way you or anyone can justify this. His the GOAT and the best fighter we have ever seen so far in MMA. His also undefeated. The UFC should just release him imho. Jones can go anywhere and everybody would watch him fight

Who cares who holds some shiny belt, Jones is the #1 LHW and whenever or whoever he fights, his #1 spot is on the line in that fight.

Because hes a total fuck up that has ruined two of their events thus far? And he hasnt been proven innocent of shit. He doesnt deserve any rewards like a title fight his first fight back.

Because hes a total fuck up that has ruined two of their events thus far? And he hasnt been proven innocent of shit. He doesnt deserve any rewards like a title fight his first fight back.

^^^^^ This. I am also a long suffering Jones fan who is sick of his BS.

Because they believe his bs that usada won't slap him with a two year suspension, which they will.

^^^^^ This. I am also a long suffering Jones fan who is sick of his BS.

Well if that is how you're employer feels about you then there is no reason being in a contract with them. There is so many options for him where he can make more money then he has ever made. He could even set up his own PPV more like mayweather and find his own opponents or even start his own MMA org etc etc. fight in Japan for huge many fights etc etc. There is so much life for Jones outside of UFC

I'm not really sure what the reasoning is. Rumble is still a nobody to most casuals. DC doesn't really sell. Maybe they want to make a name out of Rumble if he is the one to dethrone JBJ. I mean Rumble is a BAD dude. He has the BRUTAL KO power that everyone loves. If he can beat Jones, I can see Rumble becoming a big star. If Jones wins then the UFC gets decent PPV numbers from the JBJ come back fight and then gets another good PPV in a much anticipated DC/Jones II. I just hate that DC will have to sit out for a while. I'd actually prefer DC/Rumble II and Jones/Gus II.

Back