Joe rogan said one day something about knockouts artists (like cody)

FrenchHeavyWeight

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
he said that,and i fucking cnt find that video (please if someone can find it, damn^^), knockouts artists are in grave danger when they thinks they can keep knocking people out.

We saw it with a lot of fighters, but in cody's case i find the dude too cocky. Its good to believe in you, but you need to have a good balance between being focus (and humble) and confident.

Im sure there is a lot of hype on purpose for that cruz fight but he really said a lot of shit about dom.
imo speed and combo always beat power, but dom have it all.
He is fast and tall, have great footworks,reach master, and he loves doing his homework before a fight (master of gameplans).

Dnt get me wrong, i like cody as a fighter.
But with all his knockouts i felt he becomed too confident about the fact that he can ktfo everybody.

And that is dangerous.
It's always dangerous to buy into your own hype.

image.jpeg

(conor vs cody... Oh god it would be yummy as fuck... We can die in peace after that dreamfight)

Last edited:
Hendricks used to be a KO artist, now he's a shell of himself

Hendricks used to be a KO artist, now he's a shell of himself
220px-Usada_logo_new.png

He's never lost so It'll be interesting to see how he changes when he does.

2v0ydfp.jpg

If you put everything into a punch you..

1. Lose a lot of gas if you miss.

2. If you get hit while trying to perform a hard punch you are going to be hurt more than usual due to momentum and impact.

Knockout strikers are gambling big time but they should be appreciated and respected like they are. It makes sense.

It was on one of joe's podcast from 2015, if someone find it he will be my goat on sherdog

Wrestler falling in love with his hands is bound to fail. CGs been boxing since high school.

This

You got me with that one, good job.
But cody seems so confident its dangerous, and i didnt saw the dude being humble recently.

Joe Rogan also said its ok to drink pee, for the record.

Cody is different than those guys who put everything into their punches though, he actually uses set up strikes and doesn't wind up with his. Doesn't mean he's unbeatable or that he'll beat Cruz though.

Damn, he has a 65.5 inch reach. Conor would KO him from the other side of the cage.

Back