Who has the best pure boxing ability in mma right now.

ReasonableMMAFan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So the obvious choices would be Miocic, Nate and Conor. Nick is still in limbo so he doesn't count. Aldo, Holloway, Edgar, Cruz, Lawler and a couple other guys are up there as well. But I think it has to go to either Miocic or McGregor.

RTxI0fx.gif

Conor, not even close. Not a Conor hugger either.

Conor and Nick have great hands. Cruz the footwork but lacks the power.

JDS has power but again isn't mobile

Stipe Miocic

Also people tend to forget Michael Bisping has some very good boxing as well.

I'm gonna get hated but i think gus is right here

Conor's defense and cardio are too shitty to be successful in pure boxing, his chin is weak to as he was rocked by volume puncher Nate and had to panic wrestle. He's too trigger happy to be able to box proper professional boxing fights that last 8 rounds or more.

In a real boxing match Nate would embarrass him. 10 or 12 round pro boxing fight where cardio is vital, ring where Conor can't run, no leg kicks and 10oz boxing gloves that don't cause cuts so easily. Nate would have his way with him and have Conor take a knee or quit on his stool. It would probably look like the last 5 rounds of Cotto vs Margarito I with Nate being all over him.

In general Nate's boxing style would probably be like Margarito's, tall lanky volume puncher with iron chin and unreal cardio. This style can cover a lot of flaws in technique and in a 10 round fight it reaps benefits in the later rounds. If there was a boxing tournament between the MMA fighters I can see everyone around 155 getting Margarito'd by Nate.

This is Conor vs Nate in boxing:

Last edited:
Back