How does Invicta's Alexa Grasso stand up to UFCs best straw weights?

Xenon_

Storytelling, women n the violence of the octagon
@Blue
Reaction score
She has decent footwork, great timing and head movement. Fast hands, diverse striking.... No slouch in the clinch.

I think there are questions over her ground game but shes active on her back.

What do you guys think?

I'd guess she isn't ready for the top 2, but shes only young and already might surprise some folks in the tier below.

Well, Strawweight is pretty shallow, so, you never know where a new fighter mighter might end up in the rankings.

True. I reckon she could give Thug Rose or Karolina a decent scrap though.

Impressed with her skills, think she's top 10 right now and is only going to get better, just hope she can stay healthy and get some more experience.

Well, Strawweight is pretty shallow, so, you never know where a new fighter mighter might end up in the rankings.

I disagree that it's shallow. The girls just don't have the name value yet.

To answer TS i think she is 5-10 talent right now. She can compete w/ all the girls ranked 5 through 10 so that's where she'll end up initially.

As she gets better she'll be a championship contender for sure. The girl has very good hands and is a lil beast.

I've never watched invicta, what's the quality level like? Fights and production wise. Might have to get caught up on fight pass.

Why not feed her to Joanna right now? They're both strikers. At the very least it'll be a good scrap. If we get lucky it might even be a good offering to the Just Bleed God. Win win.

tumblr_nm1eyv9ooh1syv3zao2_1280.jpg

I've never watched invicta, what's the quality level like? Fights and production wise. Might have to get caught up on fight pass.

Inferior to UFC, to be honest, on both counts. But fighting is fighting, at the end of the day, amarite :D

I'll watch gypsy boxing or world star if you put it in front of me haha

Inferior to UFC, to be honest, on both counts. But fighting is fighting, at the end of the day, amarite :D

I'll watch gypsy boxing or world star if you put it in front of me haha

Exactly, I'll give it a shot on Fight Pass. I watch the shooto events live at stupid o'clock in the morning, I'm sure I'll make it through an invicta card.

Exactly, I'll give it a shot on Fight Pass. I watch the shooto events live at stupid o'clock in the morning, I'm sure I'll make it through an invicta card.

Haha cool

She can beat everyone at this moment with the exception of Gadelha and Joanna J, and even then I give her a chance of pulling it off. Invicta's division is almost the same as the UFC seeing as they pulled most of those straweights from there in the first place.

Not to get off topic but what does invicta even mean?

And could you use it in a sentence if it's not too much trouble?

if you want a starting point, Invicta 9, that was a total blood fest

Invicta 15 was short but loads of finishes.

invicta 14 had a lot of up and comer's, a lot of fighters that will potentially end up in the UFC, Jamie Moyle, JJ Adlrich, Aspen Ladd, ABC, Andrea Lee etc etc

I would probably start with 15, then do 9, then 14

You arent always going to see top level BJJ etc, a lot of the girls only have 1-2 pro fights some even make their pro debut on Invicta, but the matchmaking is always pretty good so the contests are generally pretty even

She can beat everyone at this moment with the exception of Gadelha and Joanna J, and even then I give her a chance of pulling it off. Invicta's division is almost the same as the UFC seeing as they pulled most of those straweights from there in the first place.
what he said, grasso wins the belt within 2 years

Nah, Suarez would likely lay on her for 3 rounds and I could se Jojo dominating at kicking range and in the clinch.

what he said, grasso wins the belt within 2 years

Very possible, she certainly has the potential, but I think she could do with a few more fights under her belt before clashing with the top 2. Joanna is packing half a hundred fights worth of striking lightning. And claudia could probably grapple with bantamweights. I think if she got either of those fights this year or next, it just might be too early.

Not that losing is the worst thing for a fighter. But she has time to get some experience - see some different styles - before she clashes with elites.

Nah, Suarez would likely lay on her for 3 rounds and I could se Jojo dominating at kicking range and in the clinch.
forgot about the human blanket suarez, outside of her and gadhela i think she beats them all

Grasso is top 5 of SW only 2 people I would pick to win would be Claudia and Joanna, close against Rose and KK but she could win against both of them.

Not to get off topic but what does invicta even mean?

And could you use it in a sentence if it's not too much trouble?

Sure - invicta means unconquered, it was a Roman motto they put on statues to make themselves feel proud. It's Latin rather than English so wouldn't really be used in a sentence. Good name for a fight org I think.

Bizarrely it is the motto of the area of England that I live in: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invicta_(motto)

Back