1st round determines who the more skilled fighter is

Trifick

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Both opponents have all their strength, energy, stamina. They're both completely hydrated and refreshed. It's the best opportunity to display their actual skill set without worrying about the other factors to a fight. So tell me, who's the better boxer? The answer is Conor.

Actually in most fights, the first round is a "feeling out" process. Majority of the fights go the distance.

Both opponents have all their strength, energy, stamina. They're both completely hydrated and refreshed. It's the best opportunity to display their actual skill set without worrying about the other factors to a fight. So tell me, who's the better boxer? The answer is Conor.
So BJ Penn is the greatest fighter to ever exist

I hate analogy's like this. Stamina is part of the fight game.

So Mendes is better than Conor gotcha

I agree.

that might explain some of the first round KO's , because one fighter is a class above the other in some aspect of the striking game and has the energy to demonstrate it.

it's not how you start, it's how you FINISH.

and if you don't finish, nobody won.

1st round does not determine who the more skilled fighter is. Machida can lose a round simply because he is still downloading his opponents data.

This doesn't even make any sense. It takes great skill to figure someone out, impose your game or counterstrike. None of these things happen immediately.

TS knows absolutely nothing about fighting

Yeah didn't Mendes dominate Mcgregor in the first round?

Anderson almost never won his first rounds lol

That's clearly not true. Not all fighters are going 100% from the beginning. So if fighter A uses all his gas to look great in round 1, while fighter B only goes 70% to conserve energy, it would be an error to think fighter A must be more skilled since he won round 1.

I understand what you are saying, but no. Just no.

It might show who the more skilled fighter is, but doesn't ultimately show who the more effective fighter is.

Back