Fighters scared of other fighters

Azure

Sherdogology PhD.
@Black
Reaction score
Does anyone on this board really think that any of these professional fighters are actually scared to get in the cage with another fighter? I see all kinds of talk that fighter x is scared of fighter y..

While I do agree that there are fighters who will choose to fight fighter A over fighter B I do not think it is because of fear it would be that Fighter A is a better matchup, higher profile, ranked higher or whatever.

They are scared of the consequence of losing.

Aldo of Conor

On a general basis no but I truly believe Woodley is terrified of Wonderboy.

They are not scared of the physical damages they may suffer.

They are scared of the dip in their bank accounts from their career being derailed.

Any man is scared of losing their money. Unless you are a bum.

I think some fighters get intimidated when its all on the line. Fighting Fedor was something Mirko Cro Cop had been training his whole life for basically. It was the whole point of his mma career to fight and beat Fedor and many believed he was the only one who could. When they had to stand in the ring next to each other at critical countdown 2005,Mirko looked intimidated,he wouldnt look Fedor in the eye. I dont think it had an effect on the actual matchup,cos Mirko is a fucking professional,but i think he was emotionally invested in how high the stakes were.

Not sure, but there should be a lot of fighters out there scared of Nate Diaz lol

I bet Cerrone has nightmares of Nate when he goes to bed at night...

It's possible that there are some LHWs out there who are scared of Rumble, and rightfully so.

I think that fighters are really only scared in certain instances. For example: Bader vs Rumble, Brock vs Hunt

Your an idiot if you believe all MMA fighters are completely fearless simply because fighting is their job.

Most aren't comfortable getting choked or knocked unconscious in front of everyone they know.

I was talking to my mma trainer about this who's had a fair share of fights. He said no professional fighter is scared of getting in the ring, if they were they wouldn't be at a professional level. Nervous yes, scared no.

They are human being like you and me and ofcourse they scare fighting,but its their job...

I honestly believe Ortiz was legit scared of Chuck.

I honestly believe Tito was legit scared of losing the title and pretty much everything since Dana was on Chuck's side.

Tito was never afraid of Chuck. Both fights proved that imo.

I honestly believe Tito was legit scared of losing the title and pretty much everything since Dana was on Chuck's side.

Tito was never afraid of Chuck. Both fights proved that imo.

What about pulling out of the third fight? Even though Chuck had faded massively by then.

Back