Who has more Power in His Fists? McGregor or Alvarez

xFeeLPaiN

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
imo Conor has atleast as much Punching Power as Eddie so if Eddie was able to Wobble RDA with 1 good shot Conor would definitely be able to do the same (assuming they keep the fight standing). Am I right?

conor's power is overrated by most, he has good power but his timing and shot placement is usually what hurts/finishes guys.

conor might still have more power than alvarez though.

conor's power is overrated by most, his timing and shot placement is usually what hurts/finishes guys.

This 100%. Conor's timing is great and his precision is precise. But I also agree Conor probably has more power than Alvarez.

I haven't been punched by either so hard to tell.

giphy.gif

As Teddy Atlas says, it's just not the size of the bomb, you need the missile to get to the target.

conor's power is overrated by most, he has good power but his timing and shot placement is usually what hurts/finishes guys.

having seen both guys at recent open workouts i dont think there's any way Conor hits harder. Eddies hands before RDA left pad imprints of Jeff Novitzkys face. Conor should get more praise for his jaw targeting and the killer pace he puts on. I wish he could have been a FW champ instead of a media hypetrain. So many good fights there, him vs DHC could be surprising dont lie to yourself

it doesn't matter how hard you hit, it's about landing precisely and timing

Alvarez is a sloppy brawler that Chanlder and Melendez had tap dancing.

mcgregor is faster than eddie that will be eddie's downfall look what gilbert was able to do

One punch KO potential, Conor. That's not to say he has more power, even though he might, it's to say he just has that gift for timing, placement and putting his power into those two things. He's a really sharp puncher but Eddie could hang with him in stand up or dominate him on the ground. Eddie won't be one for seven in takedown attempts and Conor will have a horrible time getting out from under Eddie's heavy wrestling hips... he wanted to talk about Nates weight advantage Eddie is just as heavy as Nate but uses his weight. That's never been Nate's thing because he's skinny not dense.

mcgregor is faster than eddie that will be eddie's downfall look what gilbert was able to do

Eddie is so much stronger than Conor and can take a punch. The fact is Eddie will get Conor down and beat him up down there. I would pick Eddie if that fight is made.

Seen both guys throw live at open workouts. You're all getting extreme about Conors power. He was pretty evenly matched with Mendes in that area if you stop lying to yourself, and Alvarez is a 155 Mendes. He's around Conors size,,

having seen both guys at recent open workouts i dont think there's any way Conor hits harder. Eddies hands before RDA left pad imprints of Jeff Novitzkys face. Conor should get more praise for his jaw targeting and the killer pace he puts on. I wish he could have been a FW champ instead of a media hypetrain. So many good fights there, him vs DHC could be surprising dont lie to yourself
guys like mendes and alvarez throw nothing but hooks, which are obviously gonna look more powerful/are more powerful punches.

conor really just sticks to his straight, uppercuts and a few body hooks.

either way theres no way of knowing unless they get some common opponents or something.

conor is definitely the better striker and has better hands, i'm sure most people wouldn't debate that.

Eddie's timing is really shitty. His KO of RDA had mostly to do with luck, he didnt intend to go over RDA's guard.

Back