Kavanah is not a good trainer at all

Reddd

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Why is it that it took Conor losing for this guy to figure out that Nate's worst beatdowns in his career took place when guys kicked the crap out of his legs? How is it that this wasn't the game plan the first time around? Did this amateur trainer not watch these fights at all? Or was he that confident that Conor could take Nate's face off the first time?

And how is it that he isn't able to properly train Conor for even 3 rounds without conditioning taking a major toll? Conor was extremely lucky to win this fight with how tired he was. He showed great heart, but my concerns about his camp have been more than validated after watching these last two Diaz fights.

Eventually this will catch up to Conor if he fights for a long time. Mark my words. He'll be forced to switch camps eventually. Kavanah is not good enough to supervise Conor's camps if he is going to be fighting all of these elite fighters.

I think that Cruz or Jackson could do wonders for Conor whenever that time may come.

They went for power. But that doesn't always work. They adapted and conquered.

And made a shitload of money

"Keep going for the clinch. You're winning it every time" is what he said on Saturday (or words to that effect).

Idiot.

Sounds like you're a better coach bro, you show these fools what's up

v0WE5.gif

They went for power. But that doesn't always work. They adapted and conquered.

And made a shitload of money

Why do you say stuff like this? THis has nothing to do with money? We're talking about fighting. Why is it when someone has nothing valid to say in a Conor thread they just start throwing out dollar sign responses?

You immediately come off like you have no argument when you do that?

Who wouldn't be?

When you don't even study the other opponent and recognize what his biggest weakness is, no you're not a good coach.

I don't understand why they don't train specifically for opponents until this Nate fight. Is that the same for all of his fighters or is it a Conor thing?

As Conor said, leg kicks aren't really something in his cookbook, and he had to work on them a lot for this fight. Only 2 weeks to prepare the first time, they probably just told him to use his favorite moves, which is why he kept throwing spinning meme kicks and baseball lefts.

Kavanah is not good enough to supervise Conor's camps if he is going to be fighting all of these elite fighters.

Lets put on our thinking camps and ponder if there were any special circumstances that could have led to Conor being unprepared for Nate the first time, or having a camp that didn't focus on Nate Diaz.

Who wouldn't be?

When you don't even study the other opponent and recognize what his biggest weakness is, no you're not a good coach.

Damn, sounds like you have it down to a science. What fighters do you train? Didn't know sherdog also had legit MMA coaches on top of PhD Psychologists and personal trainers

Conor did say he didnt listen the first fight...and he will never have great cardio at 170.

Why do you say stuff like this? THis has nothing to do with money? We're talking about fighting. Why is it when someone has nothing valid to say in a Conor thread they just start throwing out dollar sign responses?

You immediately come off like you have no argument when you do that?
Conor must have really fucked some of your relatives good. You sound more but hurt than most Diaz fans.

As I said they fucked up. Adapted and won. Made money. Comprehensive reading.

As Conor said, leg kicks aren't really something in his cookbook, and he had to work on them a lot for this fight. Only 2 weeks to prepare the first time, they probably just told him to use his favorite moves, which is why he kept throwing spinning meme kicks and baseball lefts.

He said that he thought he could just knock Nate's head off, and admitted that he was wrong. Leg kicks weren't even discussed after he lost.

I get it that you guys suck Conor's cock, but this is about his trainer. Not him. You don't need to go bezerk to defend his trainer. He isn't Conor.

I used to have Kavanaugh on my team but he was uncoachable. So I let him go do what he wanted. He started coaching fighters to lose matches. Except one. One was able to withstand his coaching and also win fights. So we named that one Conrad McMurder and Kav let him loose on the MMA world. After his first loss, Kav had the brilliant idea of gameplanning. Or when Conrad had the plan Kav didn't stop it. At least.

He said that he thought he could just knock Nate's head off, and admitted that he was wrong. Leg kicks weren't even discussed after he lost.

I get it that you guys suck Conor's cock, but this is about his trainer. Not him. You don't need to go bezerk to defend his trainer. He isn't Conor.

Now put on your thinking cap and ponder about why a fighter who lost and is seeking a rematch, might not discuss what he plans to add to his game for the rematch.

Some guys like to be surrounded by yes men. Reminds of me when Penn's corner were all yes men even though everyone else could see it was going wrong. Used to really piss me off.

Conor must have really fucked some of your relatives good. You sound more but hurt than most Diaz fans.

As I said they fucked up. Adapted and won. Made money. Comprehensive reading.

This is what I'm saying. YOu are to stupid to even realize that I'm a Conor fan. I just think his head trainer is shit compared to the likes of Jackson, Cruz, Alpha Male, and many others. If you were such a Conor fanatic like you clearly claim to be, then you'd want him to have the best training possible. Clearly you are to stupid to even realize that.

Who wouldn't be?

You are definitely a better couch potato.

Coaching however... not so much

Some guys like to be surrounded by yes men. Reminds of me when Penn's corner were all yes men even though everyone else could see it was going wrong. Used to really piss me off.

I think this is a similar situation, and I see the same flaws starting to show themselves.

Back