Neil Magny admits he overlooked Lorenz Larkin

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score
“At the end of the day, it’s the fight business. You should never overlook an opponent or look past an opponent. I feel like I went in there as if I had the fight in the bag before it even happened yet. So, I guess going forward, I need to focus on what’s ahead of me at the time, and not look too far ahead in the future, thus the result of it.”

They did a good job looking at our past film and finding openings. The oblique kick was something that worked well for him, as well as the low kicks. He put me in a position where it forced me to take a desperate shot, which left me vulnerable to his elbows as well. He just did a good job of mixing up the techniques and taking advantage of the openings.”

http://www.mmalatestnews.com/neil-magny-overlooked-larkin-wants-dong-hyun-kim-ufc-205/

I really like Magny, such a talented fighter with a real gritty style. I have to be honest I couldn't see Larkin beating him on short notice. Oh how wrong I was. Larkin looked like a beast. Magny shouldn't take this loss to heart, Larkin would have run through most of the division fighting like that. Those teep/front kicks.

I was definitely shocked at what a one-sided beatdown that was.

Larkin just completely ran him over.

Larkin whooped that ass. Bully-style beatdown.

I wasn't surprised at all, I called that shit. Lorenz is so underrated.

Magny will bounce back. He'll never be elite, but he's good enough to be a fringe top ten guy for a long time to come.

He's come a long way from getting embarrassed by the likes of Mike Ricci on TUF.

In the words of the great orator Quinton Jackson
"You can make a mistake and get caught in a submission, but Neil made a mistake and he got caught in an ass whoopin'."

It really looked like Larkin was kicking through Magny's soul.

Over looked?. so why did you say pre fight that you are so excited to be on UFC 202 because its a big card and you want to impress and keep climbing. You got out classed and whooped to be honest, thats it.

I was not suprises at all Lorenz and Masvidal had one of the WW fights ever just a few months ago. Lorenz has found a new level viciousness.

I knew Larkin would whoop that ass. Striking = superior

Big mistake, but he will learn from this. Enough chances will come.

3oEjHGnY8oB4BHVTP2.gif

Magny after a few leg kicks

I like both fughters but I picked Magny by decision. I thought his reach would allow him to edge out Larkin. Magny will bounce back.

Congrats to Larkin. That win should catapult him up the rankings.

now that's some fucking excuse

“At the end of the day, it’s the fight business. You should never overlook an opponent or look past an opponent. I feel like I went in there as if I had the fight in the bag before it even happened yet. So, I guess going forward, I need to focus on what’s ahead of me at the time, and not look too far ahead in the future, thus the result of it.”

They did a good job looking at our past film and finding openings. The oblique kick was something that worked well for him, as well as the low kicks. He put me in a position where it forced me to take a desperate shot, which left me vulnerable to his elbows as well. He just did a good job of mixing up the techniques and taking advantage of the openings.”

http://www.mmalatestnews.com/neil-magny-overlooked-larkin-wants-dong-hyun-kim-ufc-205/

I was rooting for Magny and thought he would win, but I am disappointed to hear that he was actually looking past Larkin, whom I knew was a formidable opponent. I didn't expect Larkin to beast through Magny the way that he did, and I also didn't expect Magny to be without an answer for it.

Lesson learned ...

Dude if you're overlooking a guy like Lorenz, you really are a dummy.

Back