Who got the best of the two fights? Nate vs. Conor

Who got the best of the two fights? Nate or Conor

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

myjohnson9

GOAT
@Silver
Reaction score
We've all heard the saying won the battle but lost the war. Who got the better of the two fights as a whole?

Is Mcgregor's majority decision in the second fight better than Nate's 2nd round stoppage? Vote now or forever hold you peace

If there is never a trilogy fight between the two, who won the war?

The fighter that made the other tap.

Getting choked out is obviously a MUCH more decisive loss, than a one-point, majority decision.

I don't think even Conors biggest gonad garglers can dispute that.

But in either case, these guys together put on some incredibly entertaining fights, and I for one would DEFINITELY pay to see the trilogy.

If It were me, I'd be much more happy with a submission win than a close decision win.

Considering both men actually trained for each other for this time. Conor won the battle offensively and defensively. Nate came away with the most damage and dropped three times. Nate is a true warrior and never gives up but everyone saw the difference in class for the first two rounds. And for the other 3 rounds i think Conor stifled Nate gameplan of pressuring and trying to grind out a win on the cage.

Conor made more damage. What damage Nate made to Conor other than taunting? Then Nate started stalling.

Conor proved he's more skilled and adaptable. It won't matter when you're looking back in the future.

Nate. A submission victory without ever being in danger in either of the 2 fights > close decision victory and nearly being finished

When both fighters had full camps preparing for each other, Conor won.

The only reason why Conor "won" the 2nd fight is because Nate carried him to a decision to secure the third fight. Conor is a joke

Nate no question. Even though he lost the 2nd fight, it was close and it was decided by 1 round where both guys had their moments....very competitive fight. And I dont have to mention the first fight, we know how that ended. But Conor is not a WW fighter so its not really a knock against his legacy and career.

Full camp vs Full camp. Who won? Both had full camps to train for each other this second time around. It was suppose to be easier to Cabo Nate remember guys?

This is a new type of desperation. I love Nate but Conor haters are so delusional it's getting pathetic.

Both fights ended with Conor on the floor in dire straights.

Diaz got smashed when both were fresh you'd have to admit but obviously mac has a massive speed advantage.

The fight was a draw imo but the judges were never gonna give anything but a win for Mac.

Overall nates had him off imo, it's needed all kinds of preparation, massive camp and he's even resorted to turning his back in the cage.

I honestly don't think that was the best Nate Diaz we've ever seen but he's a monster and he done his fans proud on the weekend.

Feels like unfinished business to me.

Oh lawd, now Conor "didn't have a full camp" before 196 because he wasn't specifically training for Nate? Because Nate is just sooo good on 11 days notice it's only fair if his opponent's fight camp is designed around him?! LOL

It's 1-1, Nate's 1 being a second round finish. Conor's 1 is a split decision where he clearly lost 2 rounds. If we're saying one guy is up, it's the guy with a decisive finish.

A finish is always more impressive than a decision victory.

I guess if you want to be a Conor nuthugger you can argue that Conor in the first fight won the 1st round and about 1/2 of the 2nd round before gassing and completely falling apart.

But again this shouldn't be a question. A finish is always more impressive then a decision.

I chose McGregor in the poll, because I do think he's proven to be the better fighter of the two, but I'd say it's a draw if you're judging the collection of all rounds from both fights, and simply giving each round a winner and loser, forgetting the actual finish.

McGregor clearly won Rd1 of the first fight, and three rounds in the second. Diaz won 2 rounds in the second, and won one of the two rounds of the first. So they're at three rounds each.

But if you stick them all together, and do include the finish, no matter how you look at it, even when I say that I think McGregor got the better of Diaz through their fights, Diaz is the only one who finished the other, so.....

In terms of the popularity war or whatever, Diaz clearly won the war. He gained so much money and popularity that it's insane. Red panty night.

Conor McGregor proved he was the more skilled and technical fighter.

Diaz of course, Everbody is waiting for a finish, maybe not on who they hoped for, but a good submission is what people like to see.

Back