Top 30 for all UFC Divisions

zec1234

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
In the next several posts you can see top 30 rankings for each UFC Male division.

ScoreCardMMA rankings are generated weekly based on the calculated Current Score value.
Ranking tables are presented using links to the files on our server. Those files will also be refreshed weekly and each week you will see the latest version (most recent rankings).

Few points regarding our Current Rankings:
  • This is a Current ranking, not an All-time ranking. In the current rankings, more current fights are more important.
  • Old and new fights are equally important in All Time rankings, but in Current rankings older fights have less influence.
  • Long inactivity is penalized. This is done in increments, not by suddenly removing fighter from the rankings.
  • Older fights are also treated incrementally. There are some time triggers that gradually reduce points from older fights.
  • It doesn't matter what fighters hypothetically could do, only what they have done up to this point.
  • People expect some fighters to do well in future fights and rush to apply that to Current Rankings.
  • Perceived level of skills should not impact fighter’s ranking. We use only what was revealed and accomplished in each individual fight.
  • Rankings are based on some rules that are applied uniformly. There are no exceptions for certain fighters based on current popularity or old glory.

Here is explanation for some fields in the ranking table:
  • rank - rank in UFC .
  • Ctg All - overall Weight Category ranking (includes fighters in UFC and outside).
  • P4P - overall P4P ranking.
  • Current Score - a calculated value that is used to determine divisional and p4p rankings.
  • chng Rk1Q - change in ranking since the last quarter (7/1/2016) .
  • Last 4 - results in the last 4 fights. Most recent on the left.
  • Last3OppCRtg - Current Rating for the last 3 opponents.

You can also check those rankings and methodology on www.ScoreCardMMA.com
How Current Score is calculated - formula

Each week I will add some comments about what changed last week.
Please post your comments and questions.

HW Current Top 30 Ranking
g_Ftr_RkTbl_U30_265.jpg

LHW Current Top 30 Ranking
g_Ftr_RkTbl_U30_205.jpg

MW Current Top 30 Ranking
g_Ftr_RkTbl_U30_185.jpg

WW Current Top 30 Ranking
g_Ftr_RkTbl_U30_170.jpg

LW Current Top 30 Ranking
g_Ftr_RkTbl_U30_155.jpg

FW Current Top 30 Ranking
g_Ftr_RkTbl_U30_145.jpg

BW Current Top 30 Ranking
g_Ftr_RkTbl_U30_135.jpg

FlyW Current Top 30 Ranking
g_Ftr_RkTbl_U30_125.jpg

Following graph shows current strength for each MMA Weight Category:
gCtg_Score3Idx_MF_curr.jpg

This includes all fighters (not limited to UFC fighters).

Next graph shows how Category Score was changing in the last 10 years
gCtgr_HistLn_Ctg8A_2007.jpg

Following is the list of Top 30 MMA fighters that are currently not in UFC.

g_Ftr_RkTbl_nonUFC_30p4p.jpg

Same Current Score that is used for Current Category rankings, is also used to create Current P4P rankings.

Following is the Current top 50 P4P list of UFC fighters :

g_Ftr_RkTbl_U50_P4P.jpg

Our P4P ranking is not about imaginary fights between shrunken heavyweights and giant flyweights.
It is about who proves himself to be the most effective and dominant against the opposition he faces.
Stronger division has more high rated (strong) fighters and therefore more potential opponents to achieve high P4P ranking.

Cerrone's #3 WW???

Just for beating Story, Cote and Alex Cowboy??

Really?

Ranking Changes for August 22, 2016

Brock Lesnar and Lyoto Machida (both tested positive) are removed from current rankings.
Jon Jones is still in the suspended status (not in UFC rankings).
Yoel Romero is back in MW rankings after 6 months suspension .

Conor McGregor had his revenge and it was a close decision.
McGregor has a recent win over Aldo, but they are almost tied in Current Score points. Here is why they are close:
- Aldo rebounded by defeating an opponent with high rating (Edgar)
- Aldo has much better Career Score (overall career achievement). Career Score is one of the components used also used to calculate Current Score.
- McGregor lost more with first lose to Diaz, then he get back with win over Diaz.

In LHW division, #2 Anthony Johnson beat #3 Glover Teixeira. But nothing changed in the divisional rankings.
Anthony Johnson added 50 points to his Current Score and moved up into top 10 P4P.

Cody Garbrandt passed Uriajh Faber and in my opinion should fight Dillashaw to get new title challenger.

Lorenz Larkin is now in top 10 WW.

About Donald Cerrone ranking in WW.

Last week, some people disliked seeing Donald Cerrone ranked #5 in WW.
Even when I pointed that he has a win over current LW champion (Eddie Alvarez) and has 9-1 record since 2014, that wasn’t acceptable for them.
Main argument was that Cerrone is a LW and his wins at 155 are not applicable for WW rankings.
Some said that his skills are better for LW and he has no punching power for WW.

So should Cerrone (or any other fighter that moves up and down in weight) be stripped of points they earned in other divisions?
Would he be really destroyed by the stronger opponents in the higher weight category?

Many good fighters were successfully competing in multiple weight categories. Should they all start fresh in rankings whenever they go up or down?

I don’t know why some people disparage Cerrone?
Is it because he acts goofy? Or because years ago he had some bad losses?

After what Cerrone did to Patrick Cote (never before knocked out) and Rick Story (never KO’d) , doesn’t he deserves to fight for a title (LW or WW)?
He is on 11-1 run (only loss was in LW title fight). Almost all 12 of them were good opponents.
He does some things that not too many other fighter can do. That is why he has 7 fight bonuses in the last 12 fights.

I think you can just Cerrone's high ranking by the fact that how many fighters over he would be favoured in fight odds. I think only Wonderboy and McDonald would be the clear favourites vs him.

Who is Adam Milstead and why havent i heard of him?

Who is Adam Milstead and why havent i heard of him?
Adam Milstead is UFC HW that is on 8 fight win streak.
He has 1 UFC win and is ranked #28 in UFC HW division and #64 HW overall.

Ngannou at #25 HW is way too low. I'd rate him as a favorite against most of the 24 guys above him.

I think you can just Cerrone's high ranking by the fact that how many fighters over he would be favoured in fight odds. I think only Wonderboy and McDonald would be the clear favourites vs him.

Any top 10 can beat any other fighter on any given day.
Dan Henderson is ranked #10 right now, but he has a good chance to KO MW champion.
Travis Browne is not in top 10, but might defeat Fabricio Werdum.
Can Jan Blachowicz (#20 LHW) defeat Gustafsson? Not likely, but might happen.

That is why we are not ranking based on what we expect to happen or who we think is more skilled.
It is based exclusively on their results.

Rory MacDonald would have a very good chance to defeat Cerrone.
We don’t rank him based on how much chance he might have in future fights.
And his future fight might not happen any time soon or not even be in UFC.
We rank him based on the latest results and his latest fights were two Losses.

Back