USADA investigating Nate Diaz for self medicating at UFC 202 press con

Hannya MMA

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) lightweight-turned-welterweight attraction Nate Diaz was pretty busted up after his five-round war with Conor McGregor at the UFC 202 pay-per-view (PPV) event, which took place last Sat. night (Aug. 20, 2016) inside T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Watch the replay here.

And since getting punched in the face hurts -- a lot -- the Stockton slugger was looking to reduce the pain (as well as the inflammation) during the UFC 202 press conference (watch it), puffing away at his vape pen that was jam packed with cannibidiol oil, also known as CBD.

"It'll make your life a better place," according to Diaz.

That said, United States Anti-Doping Agency (USADA), charged with keeping the drug-testing peace 'round these parts, will make your life a worse place (just ask this guy). Not surprisingly, reports that Diaz was self-medicating during his "in-competition" window did not fall on deaf ears.

"I can confirm that USADA is aware of the situation and is currently gathering information in order to determine the next appropriate steps," USADA spokesperson Ryan Madden told MMA Fighting in a statement. CBD belongs to the cannabis family, banned in-competition by the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA).

But let's not start handing out suspensions just yet.

USADA is "gathering info" on Nate Diaz's press conference vape pen. As long as post-fight test is clean, I don't expect this to blow up.

— Brett Okamoto (@bokamotoESPN) August 23, 2016

We already know but i like empty threads.

What does it matter tho? He just got done fighting, doesnt have a fight signed, is in pain... Ya know, i think alcoholis on the banned list too. Is the shit fucking group screwing up this sport known as usada gonna have something to say about that too?

diaz just lost a fight he shouldve won. let him vape.

As long as he hasn't been cheating like Jon Jones or Brock Lesnar then it shouldn't even be an issue

They generally test for THC, not CBD, so I dunno if it would come up. Plus, he may have taken his post-fight test before he vaped at the conference, so it's 100% possible he'll come up clean on the test even if they look for CBD.

Regardless, not exactly the smartest move by Diaz but let's be honest - Diaz doing something smart would surprise all of us.

We already know, theres a 10 page thread on it

and besides, USADA were just responding to a question from MMAFighting. They arent investigating shit, they are aware of it and are "looking into it"

Can't cure stupid.
We already know, theres a 10 page thread on it

and besides, USADA were just responding to a question from MMAFighting. They arent investigating shit, they are aware of it and are "looking into it"
But, are they 'going to get to the bottom of it?'

Fuck USADA, and fuck the commission

Just let him puff

The phuck was Diaz thinking unless he was going to retire anyways? Right as he hits his money making prime, millions of $ the next few fights, he gets himself suspended rofl

nate told dana .. don't call me till conor 3 .. so he's GOOD

what's the window for in-comp testing again? couldn't you take tests directly after the fight and let them be on pain relief and allowable recovery methods after the test is done?

They generally test for THC, not CBD, so I dunno if it would come up. Plus, he may have taken his post-fight test before he vaped at the conference, so it's 100% possible he'll come up clean on the test even if they look for CBD.

Regardless, not exactly the smartest move by Diaz but let's be honest - Diaz doing something smart would surprise all of us.
yet he's healing up right now with millions in the bank. he's the limping dude from The Usual Suspects. gots everyone fooled i tell ya.

yet he's healing up right now with millions in the bank. he's the limping dude from The Usual Suspects. gots everyone fooled i tell ya.
What can I say? Conor changed his bum life.

What can I say? Conor changed his bum life.
wasn't Conor on welfare not too long ago. last time i checked Nate has had a steady job for the past 10 years a job Conor kept a close eye on.

Back