Alvarez: McConor is sloppy, not a championship fighter

I'm a huge Alvarez fan and was ecstatic when he won the title. That said, he's the one who usually ends up in sloppy brawls. Not that I don't mind that.

Alvarez is honestly the worst matchup for McGregor, especially in a 5 round fight

McGregor will gas and Alavarez will abuse him in the later rounds, but I dont know if McGregs can last that long

Alvarez will pressure McGregor against the cage and essentially adopt he same strategy he did against Pettis, but McGregor will gas quicker.

Also, Alvarez wont have to worry about the submissions with McGregor that Pettis has

Conor is better striker, Alvarez better all round.

He's just trying get this fight booked, eddie wants the red panty night

Conor has really nice hands, and in a toe- to -toe exchange, I think Eddie will have his hands full.

I see him doing more of the wet-blanket thing he did to Pettis, rather than trying to trade with McG.

Alvarez is honestly the worst matchup for McGregor, especially in a 5 round fight

McGregor will has and Alavarz will abuse him in the later rounds, even McGregs even last that long
huh

That's hilarious coming from Eddie, It will shock some people how badly Conor will dismantle Eddie.

Eddie's wrestling is also overrated, Conor really couldn't hand pick an easier route to being a 2 weight world champion for the 2nd time.

Alvarez doesn't mean this stuff as the above poster stated. Just wants a big money fight. Alvarez, however would grind McGregor out unfortunately.

I'm a huge Alvarez fan and was ecstatic when he won the title. That said, he's the one who usually ends up in sloppy brawls. Not that I don't mind that.

He has the chin, heart, stamina and abilty to land punches in bunches for a brawling style

is he juiced to the gills or what man? look at TS picture .. wow. ..

McGregor will gas and Alavarez will abuse him in the later rounds, even McGregs even last that long

Alvarez will pressure McGregor against the cage and essentially adopt he same strategy he did against Pettis, but McGregor will gas quicker.

Also, Alvarez wont have to worry about the submissions with McGregor that Pettis has
You guys literally said the same thing about Diaz, now Alvarez is the worst matchup. The alvarez fight would be easier than the Diaz fight for conor especially at 155 where he doesnt carry 15 extra pounds of weight. He would pick Alvarez apart similair to Diaz and i wouldnt be surprised if he KOS him in the first, Alvrarez's boxing would get so exposed against conor

Alvarez is a wild striker with good combinations. He's also chinny, but has good recovery. He'd better wrestle against Conor. Conor's the cleaner striker and likely will hurt him early.

Cant blame Eddie for hyping. He's is on a 150K a fight no win bonus contract and Fox fighter which means no PPV. Conor would change his life.

His other choice is Khabib for 150K who will send him back through the LW meat grinder and he won't get back to the top.

Last edited:

McGregor will gas and Alavarez will abuse him in the later rounds, but I dont know if McGregs can last that long

He would take Conor down too. Pettis has better TDD than mcGregor.

Physically Alvarez is like a 155 Chad Mendes without a huge reach/height disadvantage. Striking wise Eddie is a solid boxer, did nobody see the overhand he cracked RDA with? That overhand was both faster and more technically clean than the one Conor wobbled Nate with. Conor as a pure striker has an advantage with better kicks and more tricks that arent boxing. Alvarez being a beast wrestler changes the striking match-up significantly, as we saw in the Lawler/Woodley fight.

Eddie is suddenly becoming so annoying, but his time will come.

Back