Conor vs. Nate/Nick/Eddie/Aldo/Cerrone/GSP/Lesnar

xMaxPower

Red Belt
Reaction score
These are pretty much the only options for Conor.
So the question is, who is next?

Here is the likeliness of each happening next.

Lesnar (0.0001%) - Conor recently posted a pic on instagram captioned "bring on a heavyweight next". Although he's most likely kidding, Lesnar vs McGregor would be the highest selling PPV ever for the freak show factor alone. Every casual will want to tune into the modern day David vs Goliath. There would be some bad blood going into this as they've already started talking.

Cerrone (2.5%) - Would be a very entertaining fight and we all know their history. If Cerrone had the LW belt instead of Eddie, I'd have this at 99.99%.

Aldo (4.9999%) - Conor doesn't want this fight because there is no better outcome then his previous fight against Aldo.

Nick (5%) - The story line for this would be nuts! This probably wont happen next but I can see it happening if Conor beats Nate a second time.

Nate (7.5%) - Dana said that this wont be next and frankly, I'd rather see them go there separate ways for now. It's still a big money fight so who knows, it might be next.

GSP (40%) -
GSP, Conor and the UFC want this. There is no bigger fight, and they need a big main event for NY (If Conor can even make it to this card because of his injury)

Eddie (40%) -
We all know Conor's Natural weight class is LW. Even his coach said it. I think Conor will be pushing for this fight in Ireland in March when he's back form his injury.

Who do you guys think will be next?

GSP vs Conor would be insane.

It wouldnt be as one sided for GSP as people think.

Its pretty obviously Eddie... Eddie called him out, thats the big money fight.. if Conor wins, he's 2weight champion and fights Diaz in a trilogy match which will probably do close to 2 million buys... if Eddie wins, Conor hasn't really lost anything

0,0001% Vs lesnar.....

the correct answer is 0%

I don't see Lesnar pass USADA, so I prefer Conor over Lesnar

yes it would. GSP out wrestles everyone at 170. Conor or any other 155 lbs. fighter?? Unless GSP has fallen off big time over the last couple years, and is just a shell of his former self, this fight is an annihilation.

Conor is a good fighter, but GSP would smash him. Conor could not avoid the takedowns and I do not think (strongly) he could handle GSP's wrestling. Moreover, Conor cannot last a 5 round fight with a true WW.

yes it would. GSP out wrestles everyone at 170. Conor or any other 155 lbs. fighter?? Unless GSP has fallen off big time over the last couple years, and is just a shell of his former self, this fight is an annihilation.

Look at Anderson vs Prime Anderson. I bet had Anderson retired and never fought people would think nobody at MW would be able to beat him. Aging, regulation changes, and simply ring rust. Like I said, its not as one sided as people think.

Look at Anderson vs Prime Anderson. I bet had Anderson retired and never fought people would think nobody at MW would be able to beat him. Aging, regulation changes, and simply ring rust. Like I said, its not as one sided as people think.
That comparison would make more sense if you were talking about Anderson fighting a LW or WW. GSP takes Conor down, and Conor doesn't get back up until he submits or the bell rings. Over and over gain, for as long as it takes for GSP to finish him, or to win and 50-45(or less) decision. I'm not hating on Conor, GSP would do the same thing to anyone else at 155, like he did to everyone at 170.

I like the way you put more detail about a fight with Lesnar than the other options or are you joshing on that one, brah?

Well, if he wants to keep hold of the belt, it has to be Aldo next. So many people on here and commentators are saying they can't see him getting down to 145, but the man tasked with doing it - Lockhart - says he can. So I'd tend to go with his assumption over people outside of Conor's camp.

Diaz, yeah, keep that for somewhere further down the line.

GSP would be huge and he has been saying getting down to 155 would be no problem. But he's also being texting with Woodley about fighting him and talking about Bisping - though I doubt that will happen - so it's a bit up in the air. I do think Zahabi has made subtle little references for Conor to call him out.

Alvarez could be a possibility, but I think Conor is playing hardball to earn extra $ between him and Aldo and whatever makes him the most money he'll take out of them two.

Lesnar (0.0001%) - Conor recently posted a pic on instagram captioned "bring on a heavyweight next". Although he's most likely kidding, Lesnar vs McGregor would be the highest selling PPV ever for the freak show factor alone. Every casual will want to tune into the modern day David vs Goliath. There would be some bad blood going into this as they've already started talking.

No, Velasquez vs. Lesnar was David vs. Goliath: this would be a child vs. Goliath.

Back