Dana White: I'm thinking we do Anthony Johnson versus Jon Jones next

13Seconds

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
26322D1B00000578-0-image-a-53_1425555191501.jpg

Speaking on the UFC Unfiltered podcast this week, White talked about the aftermath of UFC 202 and revealed a surprising plan that might be put in place for Johnson after beating Teixeira.

"You know what man I'm in a weird place," White said. "I saw that fight and It was a great fight but I've still got to talk to Joe Silva and see what he thinks. I'm thinking that maybe we do Anthony Johnson versus Jon Jones to see who gets to fight Daniel Cormier."

White was then asked whether he had an update on Jones. White didn't give too much away but implied that his situation wasn't looking so bad as first feared back in July.

"I've not talked to Jon but the guy has got thirteen lives man," White said. "It's looking good for him. He's got to deal with Nevada right now and this thing that went down and I can't say a lot about it because it's not my place. We will see how this thing plays out but it's looking good for him."

EDIT: Rumble doesn't seem to agree with Dana

http://www.flocombat.com/article/45...-maybe-we-do-anthony-johnson-versus-jon-jones

Last edited:
Speaking on the UFC Unfiltered podcast this week, White talked about the aftermath of UFC 202 and revealed a surprising plan that might be put in place for Johnson after beating Teixeira.

"You know what man I'm in a weird place," White said. "I saw that fight and It was a great fight but I've still got to talk to Joe Silva and see what he thinks. I'm thinking that maybe we do Anthony Johnson versus Jon Jones to see who gets to fight Daniel Cormier."

White was then asked whether he had an update on Jones. White didn't give too much away but implied that his situation wasn't looking so bad as first feared back in July.

"I've not talked to Jon but the guy has got thirteen lives man," White said. "It's looking good for him. He's got to deal with Nevada right now and this thing that went down and I can't say a lot about it because it's not my place. We will see how this thing plays out but it's looking good for him."

http://www.flocombat.com/article/45...-maybe-we-do-anthony-johnson-versus-jon-jones
Let Humble fight DC right now. Then have Bones fight the winner.

Shit just got real. DFW just tossed Boneless Jones under the bus.

Basically he is saying Johnson does will not sell any PPV's so we need an excuse to get Jones fighting cormier again

Imagine Jon coming back only to get knocked out by Rumble <41>
I love it.

Yeah this is the right move. Always right Mr Dana

Jones/Rumble winner vs DC for the title

Let him fight DC now. I don't give a damn about Jones at this point.

If Jones doesn't get suspended I'd like to see it... I don't give rumble much of a chance though.

I love it. We saw DC Vs Jones and we saw DC Vs Rumble. Give us Rumble Vs Jones.

How epic would it be if Rumble KO'd Jones

Rumble is the most deserving title contender in a long long time, but i wanna see him fight Jones more than i wanna see him fight for the belt.

Fuck, if he KO's Bones like he did to everybody else, that might be bigger than taking the belt from DC. But DC did beat the guy... Weird situation indeed.

I agree with Dana......

well f*ck

I think Rumble deserves tittleshot at this point more than anything but i wouldnt mind bones get ktfo.

I'm sure many people would just luuuuuuv to see JBJ's flying teeth.

163.gif

Lmfao Jon Jones finally pissed off Dana White..
If Rumble knocks out Jon Jones I will flip.

Dana is trying hard to punish Jones.

I like it!!!

Jon has gotten away with everything he's done. Maybe it's all leading up to the moment when he gets starched by Rumble and he lays in the middle of the octogon unconscious, dreaming of the pregnant woman he almost killed, the coke he snorted, the sex and iligetimate kids he had behind his fiancée back, the steroids he's used, the Bentley he crashed into the pole while two women were in the backseat, the drag racing , the eye pokes. He'll dream of it all when Ruble starches him. It's so perfect an ending it makes me wanna cry just thinking about it

This is a recipe for disaster for Jon. Coming back from all those issues to face a fucking killer. He better be on his fucking A game or he's getting KO'D quick.

Back