Oliveira has nothing for Pettis

Mr WorldWide

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
What are your opinions on the fight? I don't think Pettis should be written off as a top fighter just because of his losing street. I see a lot of Sherdoggers thinking Da Bronx has a great shot. I don't see it. IMO Pettis will never be finished in his career cause he's just a tough SOB. Oliveira is a sacrificial lamb on Saturday.

God I hope you are right. Pettis needs this win badly and I, as Pettis nutthugger, will be very butthurt if he loses this one too

This fight is a make or break for Pettis, I hope he pulls it in great fashion.

We have no idea how he's going to look at FW & after being on a three fight losing streak, you shouldn't say a top 10 guy has nothing for him. Especially when he's one of the most dangerous BJJ guys Pettis has fought. His striking isn't awful either.

Charles has some of the best bjj in mma period dont be surprised once Pettis gets strangled Myles Jury was a +175 Favorite and people thought he'd make some noise at 145

then this happened
DependableDangerousBlackcrappie.gif

Looking forward to this one - would love Pettis to go on a streak at 45 and challenge for the title. He's a true martial artist with respect and humility, something good for the sport in this current time

Charles has some of the best bjj in mma period dont be surprised once Pettis gets strangled Myles Jury was a +175 Favorite and people thought he'd make some noise at 145

then this happened
+175 would mean he was the underdog, regardless was a great victory for Charles, think pettis will whoop him tho

Oliveira is a favorable match-up for Pettis, but so was supposed to be Barboza... I'm also not sure that the cut will be easy for Pettis.

I'd be so happy if Olivera choked him out but I do see Pettis winning this. I see him possibly finishing with a body kick. Really looking forward to this fight

then this happened
Thought Jury's head was going to pop off there :D

If Pettis does good in FW he'd end up fighting Aldo, Holloway and possibly even Conor. I really wish for this to happen.

The same was said about the Alvarez fight. Weight wasn't the reason Anthony lost those fights at 155 I don't think, he didn't look motivated/interested. If that's changed, then I expect him to dominate, if not, he's in for a long night. Plus who know's how he'll look at 145lbs.

If Pettis does good in FW he'd end up fighting Aldo, Holloway and possibly even Conor. I really wish for this to happen.

I remember when people were talking up a Pettis/Aldo superfight at 155lbs. How times change,eh?

I dunno, lately Pettis has looked like he's got nothing for anybody.

Olivera may not be durable but he is tricky. I wouldn't be surprised to see him steal rounds off a Pettis not accustomed to the cut.

I'd like this fight to go to the ground for a round or two. Do Bronx has poor chances if he chooses to stand.

expecting olivera to mentally check out of this fight shortly after it begins....or have another torn esophagus that wasnt really torn

What are your opinions on the fight? I don't think Pettis should be written off as a top fighter just because of his losing street. I see a lot of Sherdoggers thinking Da Bronx has a great shot. I don't see it. IMO Pettis will never be finished in his career cause he's just a tough SOB. Oliveira is a sacrificial lamb on Saturday.
As much as I do agree with you, Oliveira is no joke.

His striking and sub game are both very good. I think Pettis is better in both areas but he def has a shot.

Back