Are Gloves Inspected By The Ref Before A Fight?

Blackjack

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
The thing that makes me wonder this is because I see a way an unscrupulous fighter could attempt to gain an advantage over his opponent before the fight even starts. We've all seen how some fighters seem to cut their opponents very easily while seemingly doing nothing different from the fighters who don;t cut their opponents very often. So, if gloves aren't istected before a fight, what would keep a dirty fighter from fighting with gloves that have been deliberately sewn in a way to have very rough, abrasive seams?

People don't bring their own gloves and there is supposed to be someone from the opposite corner when they tape the fighters.

Nope. They use the honor system for this kind of thing. It's not like anyone's life is at stake.

2005 join date?

635803096276575779-1099522789_tumblr_m9yskuqtnf1rchx4bo1_400.gif

Actual photo I took backstage shows what Conor did pre fight with Nate.

kickboxer.png

Why do you think the tape around their gloves is signed in a sharpie or whatever "NSAC" in the locker room.

they should also check their junk, could be using special cup for grappling advantages

Just read up on that. Fuck sokodjou and reid. What became of that situation? Has that ever happened in the ufc?
Not that I have heard of. NSAC seems to have it covered. I guess Venator claims they checked his gloves and they were OK. The MFC gloves are really dicey though, I don't think they ever did anything about it.

they are the ones who wrap them now.

you can see they write NSAC on the tape

Yes they are inspected.

Of course there can always be a way where there's a will.

Would also say highly unlike of any shenanigans if you are indeed cough you credibility is destroyed for life and are open to a lot of problems, the bigger the stage and stakes the more risks.

Back