UFC future

wtkace**

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Diaz vs Conor II is one hell of an exciting fight that we all love to, it has anger, skills, pride, game plan, trash talk........basically the whole package of ingredient that we wish for all these years.

However, it doesn't seems good for the sport itself it this type of fight goes on. It looks good on short term, but in long term it might hurt the sport itself.
The new owner just spend 4 Billions for this business, definitely they had seen the true potential of this sport which can grow up to be one of the biggest sport in the worlds nowadays. In order to kept things moving, you need a lot of talents as well as a good structure to continuously grow your business.

Money is good, some fighters they enjoy it. But on the other hand , there are a lot of people who feel like they they don't deserve it. For example, Nate as the 5th LW able to get 2 million in a WW fight which he doesn't belong to in the first place. They said nothing for now, but I'm sure most of the top WW & LW are already against this kind of system.
It's like : It doesn't matter how skillful you are, as long as you can trash talk, you can earn a lot of money.

Jealously is one thing, but at the end of the day, MMA is about fighting where the most skillful fighter should be the one receiving most rewards instead of trash talker & normal fighting skill. If there is nothing been done at this moment, soon, all the top fighters from each division will voice up which it's gonna turn ugly.

In the end...............UFC will end up just like WWE. ( Storytelling based instead of legit sport competition). It's not hard to imagine that it this kind of culture keeps on continuously.

Just a message to the new owner of UFC, hope that you are treating this business as a game, else the 4 billion you have put in will become nothing but a bunch of jokers jumping inside the circus.

rankings don't matter, deal wit it.

The UFC just had one of its best shows of ALL time, the Main event has everyone talking, and they made a ton of money on buys. I think the new owners are perfectly fine with how Saturday night went. This is a sport, yes, but lets not act like you don't have to sell a fight. And as far as growth, there is literally a solid free or PPV card EVERY WEEK FOR THE NEXT 2 MONTHS. I understand not wanting this just to be about guys talking their way into a big payday, but the Conor vs Diaz situation was a perfect storm situation for the UFC.

Boxing's been around for ages and they've jumped on every oportunity to make a story around a fight, it's just good business.

And regarding the future, I hope it's not the UFC monopoly that it's been so far. And also I think mma is too violent to be mainstream.

Back